#1 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Received this email earlier today, for those who like his shows but not on his mailing list (in which case I strongly urge you to sign up). These are try-out shows for new material destined for Edinburgh and touring. I had trouble geting tix for one date but managed on another, but they may be gone by the time you read this. If so, look out for the 'other March previews' he mentions. Or catch him at the Fringe.

Here's the email in full (with my redacts for the sensitive):

Over the next couple of months - I am going to be writing and previewing a new stand up comedy show before taking it to Australia and then on to the Edinburgh Festival. It's called Where Once Was Wonder and i'm not yet entirely sure what it's about, i think its likely to be about change and impossibility and defiance and inevitability all topped off with lashings of arrogance and self doubt i should imagine. I'm really looking forward to it. I've not written a stand up show since the start of 2009 or indeed, any new show at all since July 2010, since then i've been touring The Interminable Suicide of Gregory Church and It's Always Right Not Until It's Later - So its a really exciting feeling, to find that bit of my head heaving itself back into action. We just confirmed the Venue for the Melbourne Comedy Festival and Sydney Comedy Festival and are putting in dates in Adelaide,  Brisbane and Perth. And once its all totally locked in i shall tell you all, immediately.

So, before i go to australia with the show at the end of March, I'm going to be doing a sh*t tonne of previews beginning with a run at the Hob, in Forest Hill. This time though, you can pre book. The problem with pre booking for the hob previously, was that they dont have an automated online booking thing. And Emma (legend) would havae to spend a long time (sometimes days) dealing with emails about tickets. That is not really her job, she runs a pub and has kids. She is too busy for that shit. So then we tried having tickets on the door only which worked in a way but had obvious downsides. SO. I asked Simon Pearce (Legend) at the invisible dot, if we could sell tickets for the hob through the Invisible Dot Website. and he said yes. Hooray. This way, people can book, then don't have to come to forest hill on the off chance and Emma can continue with her life unhindered by email based bullshit. So, here are the details.

Dates

Feb - 7th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 24th. 28th, 29th
March - 1st, 2nd.

TICKETS GO ON SALE AT NOON ON MONDAY FEB 6TH at   
http://www.theinvisibledot.com/tickets/

All shows start at 8pm and will run 90 minutes -120 minutes with no interval. Tickets are £3 (plus small booking fee).

Now, forgive me, but i feel i must send a message to the one or two ticket touts who have somehow found their way on to this list. Please don't buy these and then sell them on Ebay for £99 for two reasons - Firstly,
it won't work, the way the ticketing works is with names, you have to give a name at the point of booking, then you have to show id for that name at the door, on the night. there are no physical tickets. And secondly, it will make you an unmitigated, point missing, money grabbing, dead eyed, black hearted, profiteering f*** bucket. Ahem.

There will be other preview gigs in March that i am yet to confirm but again, i'll let you know as soon as they are in. And beyond that, there are plans for a show at Regents Park Open Air Theatre, A tour of something with Gavin Osborn and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces. Obviously, i'll tell you about those as well. Obviously. I'm not an idiot.

Thanks for reading this.

Bye bye.

Daniel.

Táim ag éalú ar ais

#2 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to add this post.

Táim ag éalú ar ais

#3 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm booked.  Tickets went in just over an hour!  

Never been to the Hob before.  Saw him a couple of times doing previews at the Hen & Chickens.  Once from the front row.  Pretty cool.

How many times have I seen him?

4 or 5 in Colchester
2 at the Union Chapel
2 at the Hen & Chickens
1 Open Air Theatre
1 Charing Cross Theatre
1 NT
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#4 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

First-time Hobber here too. Previously:

66a Church Rd, Traverse
We Are Gathered, Union Chapel
66a Church Rd, Charing X
It's Always Right Now, Traverse
It's Always Right Now, NT
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#5 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Marvellous, just my 2nd double post of this thread.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users