• Please log in to reply
1943 replies to this topic

#1 starmanls

starmanls

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

so YAY I've finally booked my bank holiday in good old London town. We're going to see WWRY Saturday evening.
Interested in you guys' opinions in the show? I love the premise, have the soundtrack, have no clue who's in it, hate the "official" website etc etc.
Am really looking forward to it though as I  looove the soundtrack and just love a great night out at the theatre? Also is there anywhere cool to eat nearby?

Peace

#2 Guest_Guest_chgriffiths_*_*

Guest_Guest_chgriffiths_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(starmanls @ Aug 18 2008, 03:50 PM) View Post
so YAY I've finally booked my bank holiday in good old London town. We're going to see WWRY Saturday evening.
Interested in you guys' opinions in the show? I love the premise, have the soundtrack, have no clue who's in it, hate the "official" website etc etc.
Am really looking forward to it though as I  looove the soundtrack and just love a great night out at the theatre? Also is there anywhere cool to eat nearby?

Peace

Hmm, now people may and WILL disagree with me, but dont expect ANYTHING from the story, it could well actually be a script thats leaked from the sats exams 12 year olds take!  It really isnt good, HOWEVER, the cast, the songs, and the atmosphere is great, my best advice is, go for the songs, get caught up in the atmosphere, but dont waste brain power following the story, just pick up on the occasional hilarious pun!

#3 Guest_Guest_Dan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Dan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Guest_chgriffiths_* @ Aug 18 2008, 04:31 PM) View Post
Hmm, now people may and WILL disagree with me, but dont expect ANYTHING from the story, it could well actually be a script thats leaked from the sats exams 12 year olds take!  It really isnt good, HOWEVER, the cast, the songs, and the atmosphere is great, my best advice is, go for the songs, get caught up in the atmosphere, but dont waste brain power following the story, just pick up on the occasional hilarious pun!

If you pretend that it's a concert performed by excellent vocalists, with top notch production values who talk rubbish every now and again to link the songs, you will have a fabulous time. It is what it is...enjoy.

#4 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

Have to agree with the previous posters.  Just go and enjoy it for the music and the visuals and forget the plot.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#5 Guest_musicalsarepeng_*

Guest_musicalsarepeng_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(starmanls @ Aug 18 2008, 03:50 PM) View Post

Peace

Us teens love it. and the story aint that bad lol, i guess it depends on how old you are, and your ability to have fun. tongue.gif  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif  

#6 Guest_shep_*

Guest_shep_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

Pierre Victoire in Dean st is excellent value and great food , very near the Dominion as well .

#7 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

As has been said, the story is nothing special (understatement of the century...), though there are some nice moments.

I haven't seen the current cast, but hear they are fantastic, and IMO, the show has had some of the strongest vocalists in the West End in its ranks in the past few years so I doubt you'll be disappointed.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#8 annette

annette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

i saw it several years ago, the year that it opened for my 21st birthday, and personally loved it. that was the origional cast then though (tony vincent, sharon d clarke, nigel planner, nigel clauzel, kerry ellis, hannah jane fox etc) and loved the energy and it was a great atmosphere.  i would definatly recommend it

however if there are other shows you want to see in london, i would check and see if we will rock you is coming to a theatre near you next year, as if so, you may want to do the other show instead and see wwry on tour?? especially if you dont get to london as often as you would like.  i know it is doing birmingham hippodrome as they have started friends advance booking and have heard rumoours of other cities (manchester, bristol etc)

#9 Guest_michael brazing_*

Guest_michael brazing_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(annette @ Aug 19 2008, 06:33 PM) View Post
i saw it several years ago, the year that it opened for my 21st birthday, and personally loved it. that was the origional cast then though (tony vincent, sharon d clarke, nigel planner, nigel clauzel, kerry ellis, hannah jane fox etc) and loved the energy and it was a great atmosphere.  i would definatly recommend it

however if there are other shows you want to see in london, i would check and see if we will rock you is coming to a theatre near you next year, as if so, you may want to do the other show instead and see wwry on tour?? especially if you dont get to london as often as you would like.  i know it is doing birmingham hippodrome as they have started friends advance booking and have heard rumoours of other cities (manchester, bristol etc)

I've seen the show several times- this current cast is the best they've had!
You will have a fabulous time, I think 1st cover galileo is on all week this week- but hear he is very good- the rest of the cast (principles) are all on. Enjoy the show- watch out for mazz murray and sabrina aloueche- they are two very exquisite performers!

#10 Jon - Thenardier

Jon - Thenardier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(michael brazing @ Aug 20 2008, 03:31 PM) View Post
I've seen the show several times- this current cast is the best they've had!
You will have a fabulous time, I think 1st cover galileo is on all week this week- but hear he is very good- the rest of the cast (principles) are all on. Enjoy the show- watch out for mazz murray and sabrina aloueche- they are two very exquisite performers!

Totally agree. Saw the show on the 13th and absolutely had a blast. Mazz and Sabrina are definitely the two stand outs but the whole cast are brilliant. It was my first 'jukebox' musical and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is amazing and also I think the jokes are really targetted towards the teens and younger audience which for me made it hilarious. Nearly as funny as Spamalot, particularly the video link to Killer Queen! lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users