WWRY

• Please log in to reply
1943 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I will always stand by my two opinions of this show;

1. It's the worst written show I've ever seen.
2. It's my absoloute favourite show!

Yes, the plot is bad, there are huge holes and no explanations, the jokes are at time borderline panto and the songs are completely hijacked in and don't really make an awful lot of sense with the story.

But this is probably the most fun you'll ever have in the theatre. The key to enjoying Rock You is to get involved, take glowsticks, dance, rock and just have a good time. When you start to feel the story is lacking, just admire the beautiful costumes and take in the insane vocal talent of the performers. My favourite thing about the show is the energy of the cast and just how much they all seem to enjoy themselves night after night, I've yet to see it when the cast have been bad, even the ensemble put everything they have into it and that's what makes it so enjoyable to watch.

I disagree with waiting until it goes on tour, go now while you have a chance as the scale of everything is what makes it such a fantastic show.

Have a spectacular time!
x

#12 Guest_Guest_chgriffiths_*_*

Guest_Guest_chgriffiths_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

But you can go see it while it's touring!  It aint going anywhere in a hurry from London!

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

i was walking through Piccadilly Circus Thursday and a completely random women offered me two free tickets for the WWRY matinee. i accepted, rather dubiously, and they turned out to be genuine and rather good seats! i walked out rather glad i hadn't paid. on the one hand, its like a fantastic Queen tribute act but in some respects it is the worst show i have ever seen. the jokes are ridiculously cheap and the storyline diabolical and...well i pretty much didnt like anything apart from the music tbh. all in all worth seeing...if someone offers you free tickets

#14 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 29 2008, 09:30 PM) View Post
i was walking through Piccadilly Circus Thursday and a completely random women offered me two free tickets for the WWRY matinee. i accepted, rather dubiously, and they turned out to be genuine and rather good seats! i walked out rather glad i hadn't paid. on the one hand, its like a fantastic Queen tribute act but in some respects it is the worst show i have ever seen. the jokes are ridiculously cheap and the storyline diabolical and...well i pretty much didnt like anything apart from the music tbh. all in all worth seeing...if someone offers you free tickets

and i'm sure the 2000 paying audience who go to see it, and continue to go back and see it again and again and again agree with you....

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

Went to see the show last night! It was my second time having seen it last year with the previous cast!

Overall, i believe that the current cast was better than last year, there were a few characters that stood out for me Killer Queen, Khashoggi and Vic, even though we had the understudy Ian Carlyle.

We also had the Scaramouche understudy Sarah French-Ellis, who was very good even though i was disappointed because i was really looking foward to seeing Sabrina. But, i still think i prefered Jenna's performance from last year.
Lucy Sinclair was good as Meat, but she didn't stand out like Rachael Wooding did last year. And i would now love to see Rachel Tucker as Meat to see how she will compare.
Ricardo Afonso also stood out as Galileo and also impressed me a lot and i enjoyed his performance just as much as last years Galileo!!

Overall, i had an amazing night, even though it seemed to be quite a dead audience, but i still see it as one of my favourite shows. And i hope to go back soon to see the new cast!!

#16 beyondfantastic

beyondfantastic

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Sorry to drag up an old thread, was just wondering if anyone knew whether Sabrina was performing tonight after her accident at the weekend?

#17 Singingadream

Singingadream

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(beyondfantastic @ Jul 20 2009, 07:22 PM) View Post
Sorry to drag up an old thread, was just wondering if anyone knew whether Sabrina was performing tonight after her accident at the weekend?

What happened to her?

#18 ldntheatregoer

ldntheatregoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Singingadream @ Jul 20 2009, 09:38 PM) View Post
What happened to her?

I believe she lost a fight with a bike on her way to the theatre on Saturday, and she got herself a sprain and concussion as a consolation prize, according to her twitter

#19 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

Don't appologise for dragging up a WWRY topic!! I've been obsessing slightly over this show of late, I was waiting for a thread and an excuse to post!

Rachel was on as Scara tonight. I almost went, but then I remembered I only went a week ago and I'm broke.

I hope Sabrina's okay. She's like the most accident prone person in the West End, she's ridiculous. But we love her anyway!!

Speedy recovery please!! *big hugs*

#20 Guest_guestagain_*

Guest_guestagain_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

oh my god is she ok? that sounds terrible!
love her scaramouche- she's a little firecracker- hope she gets back to the show soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users