1943 replies to this topic

#1721 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I did enjoy tonight, but after all the hype was expecting more. All the cast were amazing & gave a fantastic show. Just it didn't really seem much different to last years anniversary - except Roger on the Drums.Loved seeing Sarah again :)And where was the Freddie hologram ? Did it even happen after all the hype about it ?

#1722 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Yep the hologram happened but it was literally a blink and you missed it moment. It happened at the same time that they played Freddie's voice singing 'anywhere the wind blows' at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody.

#1723 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Why do they do it? As people will pay - that's the crux of it. If people weren't prepared to pay 75 for the worst seats in the house, they wouldn't put them at that price.

#1724 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

I was sat very smug in my seat as i was surrounded by people who'd paid 75 for the seats ( Row L Circle)

Rachels NOBY was my personal highlight of the evening - absoulutely stunning

#1725 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Sounds like I made the right decision not to go!  I've heard Rachel's NOBY many times, and as much as I think she's amazing, I wouldn't have wanted that to be the highlight of an evening I'd had to either pay over 100 for or sit in a rubbish seat for.  I had to laugh when I saw the WWRY twitter getting very excited tweeting pictures of minor 'celebrities' who looked as if they didn't even want to be there...

If the only thing different from last year was that Roger played the drums, then it sounds like I missed nothing - so much for a big 'gala' show.  It's been handled badly from the start, they've really fallen flat on their faces with this one.

#1726 Warmington

Warmington

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

<p>

View Postisabel, on 15 May 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

I was sat very smug in my seat as i was surrounded by people who'd paid 75 for the seats ( Row L Circle)

Rachels NOBY was my personal highlight of the evening - absoulutely stunning
I think I would've felt sorry for those people rather than smug for myself as I did for people sitting around me who had paid 113.  Highlight of the evening was - as always at these shows - when Brian comes up for the guitar solo in Bohemian Rhapsody.  You can see the cast most days of the week for a lot cheaper tickets so that wasn't a big deal for me.  Didn't see the Freddie hologram at all either.  I'm also not impressed by the 'Gala' event management of the lead up to this event and the evening.  Don't think I'll be returning in a hurry.

#1727 Stageshoot

Stageshoot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Here is a link to a gallery of some images from the WWRY 10th Anniversary Show

http://www.facebook....70423703&type=3
WWW.STAGESHOOT.CO.UK

Theatre & Concert Photography

#1728 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

It achieved the task required though of rendering a lot of hype about the production - that act alone will keep it running a bit longer.

#1729 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

There's a lovely interview on YouTube with Sarah after the Show lastnight -

#1730 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

I finally got round to seeing this again on Saturday afternoon, having not been since cast change in October. There are certainly a lot of script changes! I noticed lots of lines being added, but couldn't think of many that were cut - either the show is now a bit longer, or they have cut some forgettable lines. Some new bits I liked - such as Killer Queen being computer generated - others will take more getting used to. They seem to be modernising the script a bit with more references to Facebook and Twitter, which makes sense as being set in the future they need to keep with the times. I'd forgotten they no longer have the timeline :( I think if we'd never had it, or for people who hadn't seen the show before, what they have now isn't bad, but it's no match on the timeline. I loved the Freddie hologram at the end, I'm pleased they kept that in from the anniversary show. They also played God Save the Queen at the very end as people were leaving, I thought that was a nice touch for the Jubilee weekend.

All the cast were great :D  I'd gone especially to see Dean as Khashoggi and I loved his interpretation. He played it a bit different to a lot of other people, and was very scary! Lauren Varnham was on as Scaramouche and was also very good, I hadn't seen her before. I'm a bit disappointed Lauren Samuels has now left as I would have also liked to have seen her sometime. I thought Wayne was very good as Brit, and it was nice to see Noel in the West End having enjoyed his performance on tour. Hopefully it won't be as long before I go again, as I'd like to see Scott as Galileo.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users