1943 replies to this topic

#1891 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Harveyjnr - I saw Jenna as killer queen, she was very good, must say mazz is still my favourite but Jenna was really great also!!

Daniel - the stage in Dublin was VERY high as it was built out and up so the actors can still come up through the trap doors!I i was on the tiered seating row 9 very centre, amazing view very close to stage! The side two blocks on both sides were blocked off as the stage came out a bit so the view would have been terrible but everywhere else was full, for Dublin there was No screens so would imagine if you were at the back you would see nothing !!

#1892 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 09 April 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Daniel - the stage in Dublin was VERY high as it was built out and up so the actors can still come up through the trap doors!I i was on the tiered seating row 9 very centre, amazing view very close to stage! The side two blocks on both sides were blocked off as the stage came out a bit so the view would have been terrible but everywhere else was full, for Dublin there was No screens so would imagine if you were at the back you would see nothing !!

Thanks for this! I will have a look when it goes online tomorrow, see what I make of the seating plan!!

#1893 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Anyone know when the anniversary show is ?

#1894 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I finally got to see Scott as Galileo on Tuesday. I thought he was great and very funny - he did the Gangnam Style dance when Scaramouche says ".... but no dancing". :) I was also glad to see Rachael as Scaramouche as she was off last time I went, I thought she was very good too.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#1895 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ricardo Afonso (ex-Galileo) was on The Voice tonight, made it through to the live shows :)

#1896 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

What is the view like from row C of the stalls at the Dominion? :)
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#1897 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostIts_Emily, on 05 May 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

What is the view like from row C of the stalls at the Dominion? :)

The stage is really high, so i'm not sure you'll be able to see the back of the stage, and might have to look up ?

#1898 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Apparently this Is to close late this year/ early next year .... Sad as a great show, I'm a huge WWRY fan but will free up a fantastic theatre!!!

#1899 WrightWrites

WrightWrites

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Would explain @WestEndProducer's tweet if this is the show in question...

westendproducer@westendproducer
38m

There's a big meeting happening tonight in one of the west end's biggest theatres. Rumours about another show closure. I hope not, #dear

#1900 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

I agree, I love WWRY and seen it a good few times but also quite happy to get a new show! Does anyone else think this is a great year for new shows/west end debuts/long awaited revivals? I used to go past all the tube posters and have seen everything whereas now I need to see most things, it is great really. I have travelled quite a lot and always miss London as aside from Broadway, no other city has as many shows on at a time, we are so lucky really.

I remember a long time ago on here someone posted that Dominion needed work doing to it and it would happen once WWRY closed, does anyone remember this/know anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users