1943 replies to this topic

#1911 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

That's true. Has anyone seen it? Wondering in terms of how big a stage it needs as isn't Dominion huge?

#1912 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

View Postposter J, on 17 June 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Newsies is supposedly coming in next year, but again I think the Dominion's probably too big, and it's rumoured for another theatre anyway, though I've forgotten which one.

I wonder if the current Broadway productions of Cinderella or Annie are looking to transfer...

Pippin or Spiderman would be the only others currently running on Broadway that would even be possibilities for transfer, but I think the former is too niche (though the Dominon at least would probably have enough space for it) and the latter doesn't exactly get good word of mouth...

Newsies is going to the Savoy, Annie is possible but its not exactly a huge hit on Broadway, I think Motown would be better in a smaller theatre like the Victoria Palace, Shaftesbury or the Adelphi.

#1913 Coricolonzo

Coricolonzo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Has any one any clue when there would be the next official cast change? Cause I know they had some audition on Monday in the Dominion...

#1914 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

On Monday a cast member told me 5th October would be last day for current cast with new cast starting on the 7th

#1915 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Saw this for the first time in 4 years last night! Seems to have been lots of little changes, the one thing I did miss was the opening timeline

#1916 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

oh i miss all of it from 4 years ago. the comedy delivery of the cast and the vocal strength too were so much stronger and more present than the cast today.

#1917 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

The script has never been a masterpiece but I have to say I much prefered the show in the early years. I went quite regularly between 2003 and 2007. Saw it again last year after a 5 years break and some bits of the script made me cringe. The show has always been about the music but I think the script really has been altered for the worse.

#1918 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Finally saw this on Thursday night - I loved it! We had understudies for Pop, Khashogi, Meat, Brit and the Rebel Leader. Brenda Edwards had an amazing voice! Oliver Tompsett was just as good as he was in rock of ages. Amazing cast overall. Thoroughly enjoyed it and they have amazing merchandise, landed up spending £58.50 ;) Would love to go again!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#1919 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Has there ever been talk of a film version? I know the script isn't the best, but the storyline itself works well enough that if it were padded out it could work on screen: it's completely secondary to the show, but I actually think the world they created to set it in is an interesting concept.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#1920 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

I doubt they'd make a film seeing as they haven't even ever managed to get it to Broadway...  the story really is too flimsy I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users