#1921 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostWrightWrites, on 17 June 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Would explain @WestEndProducer's tweet if this is the show in question...

Presumably WEP was talking about A CHORUS LINE.  I can't imagine him being sad about WWRY closing.

#1922 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostBoob, on 06 July 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Presumably WEP was talking about A CHORUS LINE.  I can't imagine him being sad about WWRY closing.
I think it's already been established that WEP was in fact talking about A Chorus Line.

#1923 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postposter J, on 06 July 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I doubt they'd make a film seeing as they haven't even ever managed to get it to Broadway...  the story really is too flimsy I think.

I disagree - there's so much they can do on screen compared to the stage. If they have everyone living in the same colony, they can make a huge thing of the rebels vs Globalsoft - mix of 1984/The Hunger Games/The Island. It would need to be a war film set in the future with Queen music (and if that's not a tag line I dont know what is!).

I agree parts of it are flimsy, but they can be easily ironed out.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#1924 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postposter J, on 06 July 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think it's already been established that WEP was in fact talking about A Chorus Line.

Good-oh.

#1925 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Saw it again tonight - third time with this cast. The plot gets weirder and weirder every time, but if you leave your brain at the cloakroom and don't think too much it's actually kinda OK.
It's mostly the music and cast that get me back every couple of months.

Scott Monello was on as Galileo (yes Mr T, you have a very low attendance rate of only 33% (empirically determined by myself ;-))) and I must admit that I didn't like his Galileo that much. Acting was fine and he also delivered the funny parts quite well, but I thought his pop voice didn't suit the Queen songs that well.
After seeing Emma Hatton's Scara I can't wait seeing her Elphaba soon - very strong performance of hers. And Rachel John's No-one but you was again to die for. I hope we get to see more of her in the near future.

The animations on the big screen looked quite outdated and rather cheap-ish. Seems as if they haven't been updated since the show opened.

So I will have to come back later to see Oli's Galileo again. Is the date of the next cast change known yet? Hope he's staying on.

And for those interested: seemed to be quite packed tonight. Can only definitely say for the Circle, but there weren't many free seats available up there.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#1926 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 15 July 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Saw it again tonight - third time with this cast. The plot gets weirder and weirder every time, but if you leave your brain at the cloakroom and don't think too much it's actually kinda OK.
It's mostly the music and cast that get me back every couple of months.

Scott Monello was on as Galileo (yes Mr T, yoou have a very low attendance rate of only 33% (empirically determined by myself ;-))) and I must admit that I didn't like his Galileo that much.

Oliver has been off for paternity leave this week.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#1927 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Wonder how long Oliver will be away for. Hope Rachel John won't leave at CC, she is fantastic

#1928 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostKevinUK, on 06 July 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

I disagree - there's so much they can do on screen compared to the stage. If they have everyone living in the same colony, they can make a huge thing of the rebels vs Globalsoft - mix of 1984/The Hunger Games/The Island. It would need to be a war film set in the future with Queen music (and if that's not a tag line I dont know what is!).

I agree parts of it are flimsy, but they can be easily ironed out.

Brian has mentioned a film from time to time on his website, including one comment where he said that a script has already been written, but I don't think it is likely to see the light of day for at least a few years yet. At the moment they seem to be focusing more on other things including a feature  film about Freddie.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

So can't see them doing a WWRY film until at least the Biopic is done and dusted, which is probably at least 2 years away.

#1929 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postisabel, on 16 July 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Wonder how long Oliver will be away for. Hope Rachel John won't leave at CC, she is fantastic

Unless things have changed again, I believe he's back tomorrow

Oh, and the last day of the current cast is 5th October, with new cast starting on the 7th  (that's what I was told anyway)

#1930 theatremole

theatremole

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

I believe Rachel John is leaving at the cast change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users