1943 replies to this topic

#51 xKatex

xKatex

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks everyone.  I saw Jon as Galileo (seen him before) and Rachel as Scaramouche at today's matinee.

We went especially to see her play Scara because of course we're not sure how many times she's going to get to play it from now til September so thought we'd better grab our opportunity now.  I'm a massive fan of hers anyway.  I love her as Meat and I think she was sensational this afternoon, she even exceeded my expectations!  I really liked her chemistry with Jon as well.

Her version of "Somebody To Love" in particular blew the roof off the theatre.  Wow.

Also I got to see Mazz Murray for the first time (got her understudy Rebecca last time I went) and oh my goodness.  I expected her to be great because of what everyone says but I don't think I realised quite how good she is.  I liked Rebecca when I saw her but Mazz is in a different league!  What a voice.

#52 wozie stevie

wozie stevie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Heywood_64 @ Jul 25 2009, 12:41 PM) View Post
For what it's worth, I saw Matthew's performance for the first time on Thursday and he is now officially my second fav Gaz ever (second only to Tony Vincent).  So if you don't get to see Jon you're still in for a great show.  Enjoy, either way smile.gif

are you the person i was sat next to on Thursday lol. i was in the Circle, Row B seat 23. and the person i spoke to said no one beats Tony....so wondered if it was you.

#53 Heywood_64

Heywood_64

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(wozie stevie @ Jul 25 2009, 10:13 PM) View Post
are you the person i was sat next to on Thursday lol. i was in the Circle, Row B seat 23. and the person i spoke to said no one beats Tony....so wondered if it was you.

Busted! lol  Hello again smile.gif

#54 Guest_Guest_isabella._*_*

Guest_Guest_isabella._*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(wozie stevie @ Jul 25 2009, 09:13 PM) View Post

Darling, is there anybody that you don't know? tongue.gif

#55 wozie stevie

wozie stevie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Guest_isabella._* @ Jul 26 2009, 01:41 AM) View Post
Darling, is there anybody that you don't know? tongue.gif

haha, cleary not tongue.gif i am just soo friendly you know lol

and hello Again biggrin.gif

#56 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Matthew was on as Galileo tonight. He was totally brilliant, my favourite. The thing I find about Ricardo is that he plays Galileo a bit too passively and comes across a bit, well, wet. Matt gave Scara a bit of lip back, I loved it!His voice is wonderful and his acting top notch, so glad I saw him.

I was half hoping Rachel would be Scara today, as she was yesterday and for the past week, but Sabrina was her usual fabulous self, reminded me just why I love her. Bandage and all, bless her.

Best performance of the show I've seen, though I did miss Jon a tiny bit.

#57 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone know who is leaving / who is staying / who is taking over in September?

I've heard Ricardo and Rachel are leaving.  I've also heard that Pete Murphy and Louise Bowden are taking over as Galileo and Meat, but I have no idea if that's true.

Also Jon Boydon leaving.  Pity, I really like his Galileo.
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#58 Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:the theatre, dancing, singing

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

i've never seen WWRY before but someone i know is going to be in it from September so im sure i'll be going plenty of times yay biggrin.gif it looks amazing so im looking forward to seeing it smile.gif
xx
I'm Hannah. I love the theatre, Zoe Birkett and We Will Rock You. Seen We Will Rock You 17 times so far :)

#59 Guest_Guest_Isabella._*_*

Guest_Guest_Isabella._*_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Just the thought of Louise Bowden's No One But You is too much, her voice is stunning.

#60 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Jul 29 2009, 09:00 AM) View Post
Does anyone know who is leaving / who is staying / who is taking over in September?

I've heard Ricardo and Rachel are leaving.  I've also heard that Pete Murphy and Louise Bowden are taking over as Galileo and Meat, but I have no idea if that's true.

Also Jon Boydon leaving.  Pity, I really like his Galileo.

Yep, all true. Matthew McKenna is also leaving, he's going into Legally Blonde. I don't know about a lot of the ensemble, but apart from Ricardo and Rachel all the principles are staying. There'll be a new Cover KQ so I assume Rebecca McKinnis is leaving, but that's only a guess. Also, Amanda Coutts is getting bumped to first cover Scara and Meat. So she'll be on lots. Yay!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users