#1 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

The first purpose-built theatre for 20 years is due to open in September.

The St James Theatre is on the site of the former Westminster Theatre in Palace Street and will have 312 seats.

Good to have another intimate space.

#2 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

What it says in the header, news item here

Sorry, I set this up as a new thread without realising one already existed. But why is it posted in Musicals?
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#3 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Oops, sorry, my error - it should be under General!
Thanks for the link.

#4 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Apologies - partly my fault as I selected the topic in the wrong forum when merging the threads. Now moved to General Chat.

#5 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

How exciting. Imagine the luxury of planning an opening season? Anyone care to indulge in a game of fantasy theatre planning? ...

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#6 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

The Management have said they want lots of transfers from the regions which sounds a really good idea to me.

#7 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'd start a bit further back in the process (ideally, but no doubt too late now) and would have on my wish list enough ladies' loos and, when it came to the actual administration, no premium rate 'phone numbers or booking fees!  No doubt all too much to wish for but I can dream.  At least public transport (another personal priority) should be reasonable.

#8 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Interesting.  3 minutes walk from my office and a good size.  Of course touring productions to me says Paines Plough and the like, but they could equally mean some of the more mainstream fare you see in Bromley and Richmond which I'm sure could fill 300 seats in London for a week or 3.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#9 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postdude-1981, on 11 February 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Interesting.  3 minutes walk from my office and a good size.  Of course touring productions to me says Paines Plough and the like, but they could equally mean some of the more mainstream fare you see in Bromley and Richmond which I'm sure could fill 300 seats in London for a week or 3.

There's a fair amount of mainstream revivals - the Orange Tree Pinero sort of things - which are quite hard to see in London as Richmond is quite a schlepp if you're in, say, Croydon. It does sound exciting and Victoria is a great location for public transport, even for complete out of towners like the Oxford mob.

Do you think we should get our placards made now to demand enough ladies loos  :lol:

#10 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

First confirmed production is "Our Country's Good" from January to March, directed by Max Stafford-Clark, which should be interesting for those who saw "The Recruiting Officer"! Tour of this starts at Bolton in September.http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831334063769/Max+Stafford-Clark+revives+Our+Country%27s+Good%2C+first+show+confirmed+for+new+St+James+Theatre.htmlPresumably at least one more show to be announced before that as the theatre opens in September: check those touring schedules and start guessing!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users