71 replies to this topic

#41 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Looks like the silly ticket prices aren't working: timeout has 50% off top price tickets for all performances except Saturday Evenings of Bully Boy.

http://uk-offers.tim...m_source=280912
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#42 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I suspect their location is going to be a problem. it's very handy for public transport and all that but not somewhere I ever walk past. It's going to be very hard to build up any public awareness. They'll need either a more starry second season or a well-organised membership scheme. Preferably both.

#43 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

So, heavy discounts on Daddy Long Legs and already an offer of 10ish off on Cinderella! (Use code RADIOTIMES)

#44 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

View Postarmadillo, on 28 September 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

I suspect their location is going to be a problem. it's very handy for public transport and all that but not somewhere I ever walk past. It's going to be very hard to build up any public awareness. They'll need either a more starry second season or a well-organised membership scheme. Preferably both.

I work less than 10 minutes walk away and I'm not really sure exactly where it is, so I quite agree with you!
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#45 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

The first time I went (2nd trip today), I'd never been along that particular street at all, though it's so close to Victoria, my main London terminus.  Hence I was also unaware of the new Cardinal Place development, but it was heaving, so what with all the office workers and tourists (hotels nearby, too), I'd say there's a market of sorts right on the doorstep, if the theatre could reach it, in addition to regular theatregoers (e.g. WOS board members) further afield.

#46 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

There are a few other new developments going on round there too (eg the block which used to have a Sainsbury's Local and Pizza Express is being demolished) so I guess there will be more people round there.

When you register with their website there's a question about "your interest" (or something like that), most of the options are about corporate stuff, "individual" is the last option. So I guess they are aiming for people who work round there

#47 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Surely if people who worked round there were already theatregoers, they'd know, though?  The St J might need to do some encouraging/converting!

#48 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I went last night to Cinderella and WOW what a cracker of show. I really do recommend. Such great imaginative and genius story telling. This is the third show I’ve seen there and all were excellent.

The area around the theatre was packed and I was unable to get a table in any of the restaurants or the pub next door we resulted to M&S café :( Slightly different story inside the theatre, maybe half full. Hubby complained about the uncomfortable seats, I still think they are fine. As I said the show is great but the pricing structure isn’t; £ 40 for 7 players / musicians and a junk yard-chic set.

Call me Cassandra but I really can’t see this venue surviving unless it makes some dramatic changes.

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#49 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I think the cut-off height  for whether the seats are bearable is about 5'9. Certainly it's been the hot interval topic both times I've been there.

#50 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Maybe my legs are out of proportion, but I'm not quite 5'9" yet have still found the legroom horribly cramped on both my visits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users