7 replies to this topic

#1 akb

akb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Saw this the other day, and thought it was wonderful. One person let it down though and that was Niamh Perry. Very disappointed with her performance - acting was poor and voice was childlike in places but to be fair - lovely when she belted.

Cassidy Janson was fantastic and Tom Solomon was gorgeous. All the male members of the company blew me away.

Beautifully written piece of musical theatre.

Anyone else seen it?

#2 Guest_Guest_xxJuliexx_*_*

Guest_Guest_xxJuliexx_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

I saw it, thought the music was great and Cassidy Janson was amazing. I also thought Niamh's voice was much better than on IDA. Kieth was a bit of a let down I thought!

#3 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(Guest_xxJuliexx_* @ Aug 25 2008, 10:25 PM) View Post
I saw it, thought the music was great and Cassidy Janson was amazing. I also thought Niamh's voice was much better than on IDA. Kieth was a bit of a let down I thought!

ONLY THE BRAVE SHOULD SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truely dreadful!, and the worst thing is it has a great talented cast, budget for lighting, band and set

but just a god awful script and score, every song sounded like Stars from les Miz, every single song!

#4 Guest_Guest_Laura_*

Guest_Guest_Laura_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

Friend saw this early in its run and loved it. She bought me the CD. I've no idea what's going on and who is singing what but the music is lovely and I admit I've played the CD to death already! Shame I couldn't get up to see it. I really hope it has a future.

#5 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

The music is okay, IMO, but trying too hard to be epic. The book is poor though. Everyone keeps saying the book is only poor because they've had to condense it into a shorter show for this production - can anyone shed any light on what happens in the other 30/45 minutes that transforms the book into being wonderful?

There were some nice vocals - Cassidy Janson, Tom Solomon and Gerard Bentall notably - but I thought the acting was poor in general. I did find the scene where the women are typing the messages quite touching but otherwise was wholeheartedly underwhelmed.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#6 Guest_Guest_musicalfan_*_*

Guest_Guest_musicalfan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:18 AM

Having seen this show twice, I have to say that for me the only disappointment was Keith Jack. Yes he can sing, but his acting really does need a lot of work. I actually thought Niamh Perry gave a wonderful performance - she has a beautiful voice and I thought she acted brilliantly. The rest of the cast were also great, especially Cassidy Janson and Tom Solomon and I thought it was a very powerful piece with some truly beautiful music. I really hope it goes to the West End!

#7 Guest_Guest_Lou_*_*

Guest_Guest_Lou_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

I saw it twice this weekend and really, really enjoyed it (well if you call sobbing the whole way through enjoyment! LOL!).  The book certainly needs work and I was so disappointed that they had cut the song 'When I Close My Eyes' which is on the cast recording but I hope to see the show in its entirety soon (preferably with Cassidy Janson, Tom Solomon and Gerard Bentall please!).

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

it was dreadful and such a shame that the producers thought that they should engae such rejects froim some reality tv show! thescore had high point but didnt have any light or rest therefore it becomes to heavy. i really think the whole project would have more integrity and strength without resorting to reality tv performers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users