#21 Tootsie

Tootsie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Lots of great theatre please!!<br />

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

I have read on another board that she is playing Glinda in the next cast of Wicked. I really hope this is true.

#22 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(Tootsie @ Dec 27 2009, 12:16 AM) View Post
I have read on another board that she is playing Glinda in the next cast of Wicked. I really hope this is true.

Off-hand I can't think of any popular actress who hasn't been rumoured to be in some future cast of Wicked.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#23 Rebecca

Rebecca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

Would anybody be able to ask Louise at SD after panto if it is true she is going to be Glinda?

#24 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

I don't think she'd tell anyone yet even if it was true!!!! If it is, I'm very excited.

#25 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

Louise is brilliant! She was wonderful in Evita and I can't stop laughing at her hilarious performances when she did Jest End. So excited to see her in Wicked!
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#26 dancewitmex

dancewitmex

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

I saw Louise on her opening night in Wicked and I have to say she blew me away. She was just amazing. Her vocals were spot on and I really liked her portrayal of Glinda. Love her smile.gif

#27 Lily118

Lily118

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

I cannot put into words how much I love this woman! She is amazing! Certainly my favourite London Glinda and possibly my favourite Glinda ever.

#28 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

She is a wonderful Glinda.

#29 chgough

chgough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

I haven't seen Wicked in London for about a year - but went to the evening performance on 4 September. I thought that all of the cast were doing a great job, but Louise Dearman's Glinda was a real 'stand out' performance for me. Apart from her beautiful voice, I don't think I've seen the role so well acted before. The bittersweet reaction to 'success' in 'Thank Goodness' was really beautifully done.

What people consider 'the best' is a subjective test - but Louise's Glinda is, in my opinion, the best I've seen.

#30 LetHimFeelNoPain

LetHimFeelNoPain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

Love Louise as Glinda. Her singing is absolutley flawless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users