Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sunday 26th August, 7:30pm. :)

#2 west_london

west_london

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'll be giving that a miss. The last concert of his I went to he bollocked the whole audience after the interval... something like: "I was gonna give you a encore at the end but if you guys can't be bothered to come back from the bar on time..."

Luckily we'd all heard plenty of him singing his own songs badly so nobody minded...

#3 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Haha, he is a funny one is JRB. I once tweeted that I didn't find the music to '13' that brilliant (not including his username in the tweet) not realising that JRB frequently searches his name and his shows to see what people are saying. He obviously found my tweet and replied simply "Listen better". Then that started a mob of JRB maniacs onto me. Oh well, that was in the past! Never seen JRB live so I may have a look...depending on prices!
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#4 Gregor

Gregor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well, I'll definitely be there - I've been to around half a dozen JRB concerts so far and loved every single one of them.

And tickets have just gone on sale!!
http://www.nimaxthea...ts_-_in_concert

This concert will actually be the very weekend of the 10th Anniversary of JRB's first ever London concert, which was at the Bridewell Theatre with Lauren Kennedy and Jenna Russell back on Sunday 25th August 2002!

Roll on Sunday 26th August!  :)

#5 west_london

west_london

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postmusicalmadness, on 17 February 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Haha, he is a funny one is JRB. I once tweeted that I didn't find the music to '13' that brilliant (not including his username in the tweet) not realising that JRB frequently searches his name and his shows to see what people are saying. He obviously found my tweet and replied simply "Listen better". Then that started a mob of JRB maniacs onto me. Oh well, that was in the past! Never seen JRB live so I may have a look...depending on prices!

That's hilarious! At the same concert he also bitched about the fact that the National Theatre wouldn't produce Parade (This was before it had been performed in the UK). He claimed it to be the best musical written in the last 10 years and as such it deserved to be seen...Well I'm glad we got that one cleared up...

Now, as you're probably reading this Jason, I'm not disputing the quality of your writing, but telling someone to 'listen better' is pretentious beyond belief...not everyone can like everything!
Carry on writing...continue to challenge and inspire... but please please please GET OVER YOURSELF!

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I didn't overly like his stuff anyway but this thread has completely put me off the douchebag.

I will concede Parade is ONE of the best musicals of the lat ten years however. Only JRB that I like

#7 west_london

west_london

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostTitan, on 17 February 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

I didn't overly like his stuff anyway but this thread has completely put me off the douchebag.

I will concede Parade is ONE of the best musicals of the lat ten years however. Only JRB that I like

Yes, I agree it is! But I'd rather not hear him telling me that ha ha.

#8 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

[/quote]

#9 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

View Postwest_london, on 17 February 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

That's hilarious! At the same concert he also bitched about the fact that the National Theatre wouldn't produce Parade (This was before it had been performed in the UK). He claimed it to be the best musical written in the last 10 years and as such it deserved to be seen...Well I'm glad we got that one cleared up...

Now, as you're probably reading this Jason, I'm not disputing the quality of your writing, but telling someone to 'listen better' is pretentious beyond belief...not everyone can like everything!
Carry on writing...continue to challenge and inspire... but please please please GET OVER YOURSELF!

I love his songs and Parade is one of my favourite musicals.I think he is incredibly talented.But he sings like Barney from The Simpsons.No offence.

#10 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users