Richard III & Twelfth Night (Rylance & Fry)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#101 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 20 November 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I often have that effect on people. Well, not often. 1972 was the last time I think.  

There's a glib little saying about Fry which nevertheless contains a grain of truth; he's a stupid person's idea of what an intelligent person is like.

Glib really does sum you up
And by the way his sister is not his agent

#102 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostJamiem, on 20 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Glib really does sum you up
And by the way his sister is not his agent

Thanks.

Jo Foster, his younger sister, was his agent for most of the superb range of work I listed above - are you saying she no longer is ?

#103 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 21 November 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Thanks.

Jo Foster, his younger sister, was his agent for most of the superb range of work I listed above - are you saying she no longer is ?
His sister is his pa
He has always had different agents which would cover all the range of work  you mentioned and his primary agent should you wish to write him a fan letter is Christian Hodell at Hamilton Hodell

#104 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Why so unpleasant, Jamiem?

#105 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostAlexandra, on 22 November 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Why so unpleasant, Jamiem?
You're right
I apologise

#106 lucejg

lucejg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Could someone please confirm whether day seats are availble for every performance of 12th Night? A friend and I are going to try our luck this Sunday but when she called the box office the woman told her "not to bother" with day seats, but my friend then couldn't work out if she meant because the queue would be so big or because there actually aren't any. If there are seats available for every performance, does anyone have recent experience of the queue? Obviously given the arctic temperatures, I don't want to stand outside for longer than necessary, but I'm also conscious that it is coming to the end of its run and so all the people like me, who meant to see it earlier, might be rushing to try to see it.

#107 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postlucejg, on 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Could someone please confirm whether day seats are availble for every performance of 12th Night? A friend and I are going to try our luck this Sunday but when she called the box office the woman told her "not to bother" with day seats, but my friend then couldn't work out if she meant because the queue would be so big or because there actually aren't any. If there are seats available for every performance, does anyone have recent experience of the queue? Obviously given the arctic temperatures, I don't want to stand outside for longer than necessary, but I'm also conscious that it is coming to the end of its run and so all the people like me, who meant to see it earlier, might be rushing to try to see it.

I can only assume they mean that the queues are long as the first 2 rows are blocked out for day seats.

#108 lucejg

lucejg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thank you. I thought that was the case, but I didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and find out otherwise.

#109 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postlucejg, on 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Thank you. I thought that was the case, but I didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and find out otherwise.

Just went past the Apollo at 10 this morning and the day queue was quite large, at least 40 people. Its a two-show day but I advise setting off early.

#110 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I have two Row F stalls tickets for the Sunday Matinee on the 3rd Feb that I can't use if anyone is interested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users