Richard III & Twelfth Night (Rylance & Fry)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#51 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

How can it be right that standing (yard) tickets for Twelfth Night with a face value of £5 are being sold on eBay at £49.99 (plus £5.95 postage). 'Caveat emptor' and all that but it's outrageous. The Globe should put a stop to it. There is also a new seller with 10 sets of tickets for sale which must be classed as touting.

#52 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostPolly1, on 26 September 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

How can it be right that standing (yard) tickets with a face value of £5 are being sold on eBay at £49.99 (plus £5.95 postage). 'Caveat emptor' and all that but it's outrageous. The Globe should put a stop to it.

Really?! Might do that with my (still available, for anyone who wants it) Twelfth Night ticket. Could do with the cash. :lol:

#53 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

A friend has tickets for this TUESDAY 2nd OCT of Twelfth Night in the Lower Gallery (under cover) row C right in the middle, great seats. If you're interested drop me a message.

#54 beguilingeyes

beguilingeyes

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

I saw the Donmar production of this a couple of years ago with Derek Jacobi as Malvolio and with Victoria Hamilton and Indira Varma. That version was superior in almost every way, I felt, to this one...with the exception of Mark Rylance..who was glorious.

#55 Bryan99

Bryan99

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Saw Twelfth Night on Tuesday and enjoyed it very much indeed.  Mark R was, as others have said, glorious!  Everyone was commenting in the interval how astonishing it was that this was the same actor who played Johnny Rooster.  It was a performance full of comedic nuance and, indeed, passion.  Viola and Sebastian were utterly marvelous too - the reunion being both hilarious and heart-breaking.  Stephen Fry was understated and deeply sympathetic.  One gets to see many productions of this play over the years and this was most certainly one of the very best.  A true ensemble performance which brought the crowd to their feet (well - those who hadn't spent 3'15'' on their feet already!).  A fitting end to an amazing Globe Season.....

#56 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Saw Twelfth Night yesterday. Amazing. Viola's and Sebastian's reunion was somewhat made different by a pigeon landing on the stage which was wonderfully acknowledged. Mark Rylance, Stephen Fry, Roger Lloyd-Pack and full ensemble cast were all on top form. Theatre at its best with an atmosphere which was very heartwarming.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#57 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Final call: £5 yard ticket for Wednesday's 12th Night matinee, still available.

#58 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 29 September 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

If it wasn't for a bank meeting that afternoon, I'd have snapped your hand off for it ages ago! :)

#59 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Twelfth Night last night - one of the best nights in the theatre I have ever experienced.

#60 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostRH1234, on 01 October 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Twelfth Night last night - one of the best nights in the theatre I have ever experienced.

View PostPharaoh, on 29 September 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Fancy going again? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users