#101 JWC

JWC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif

Exactly one week on from the fiasco of last Saturday afternoon and it's sorted. Offers of replacement tickets have arrived from both the theatre and the production company; persistance obviously pays off. I don't care whether next time it's Richard Griffiths, Colin Haigh or anybody else - as long as I see a rehearsed and ready performance. Thanks for the supportive messages and to anyone else out there who was disappointed - get complaining!

#102 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(JWC @ Mar 10 2007, 06:04 PM) View Post

Exactly one week on from the fiasco of last Saturday afternoon and it's sorted. Offers of replacement tickets have arrived from both the theatre and the production company; persistance obviously pays off. I don't care whether next time it's Richard Griffiths, Colin Haigh or anybody else - as long as I see a rehearsed and readt performance. Thanks for the supportive messages and to anyone else out there who was disappointed - get complaining!

That's excellent news, all credit to the theatre and the company for doing the honourable thing in the end. I hope you get to enjoy the play properly next time.

//Jenny
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#103 blowstar

blowstar

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:JohnnyFox <br /><br />53 outside, 8 and a half inside ... urban gay SilverFox with wide to panoramic interests in travel, architecture, food, music, theatre, media and sex. Looking for love, probably in all the wrong places.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(JWC @ Mar 10 2007, 05:04 PM) View Post

Exactly one week on from the fiasco of last Saturday afternoon and it's sorted. Offers of replacement tickets have arrived from both the theatre and the production company; persistance obviously pays off. I don't care whether next time it's Richard Griffiths, Colin Haigh or anybody else - as long as I see a rehearsed and ready performance. Thanks for the supportive messages and to anyone else out there who was disappointed - get complaining!

Good for you, JWC.  Could you let me know the email addresses you used to pursue this with both Delfont Mack and David Pugh?  I have tickets for tomorrow and if Griffiths is "off" would want swaps for later in the run.

I was also lucky enough to go to the First Night, and the combination of Griffiths and Radcliffe is, I suspect, not easily matched by any other pairing of actors who have not worked so extensively and intimately together both in the rehearsals of this show and as friends on the Potter movies for several years.

#104 pesa

pesa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(blowstar @ Mar 12 2007, 09:08 AM) View Post
Good for you, JWC.  Could you let me know the email addresses you used to pursue this with both Delfont Mack and David Pugh?  I have tickets for tomorrow and if Griffiths is "off" would want swaps for later in the run.

I was also lucky enough to go to the First Night, and the combination of Griffiths and Radcliffe is, I suspect, not easily matched by any other pairing of actors who have not worked so extensively and intimately together both in the rehearsals of this show and as friends on the Potter movies for several years.

He is back now so i'm sure you will be ok.

#105 tadpole

tadpole

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(blowstar @ Mar 12 2007, 09:08 AM) View Post

I'd be interested to know who you contacted too JWC. I emailed the theatre who replied to say they'd passed my email on to the producers, and I've heard nothing since.

#106 hollygolightly

hollygolightly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked before but how long is the current cast contracted till?

#107 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

I was at Equus this afternoon and Griffiths was performing but seemed to be coughing frequently through the production. In fact, I was disappointed in his performance and felt it lacked any vigour or verve. However, I was blown away by the staging of the horses. I'd swear that there were real horses on the stage at one point.

#108 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(Blue @ Mar 17 2007, 09:55 PM) View Post
I was at Equus this afternoon and Griffiths was performing but seemed to be coughing frequently through the production. In fact, I was disappointed in his performance and felt it lacked any vigour or verve. However, I was blown away by the staging of the horses. I'd swear that there were real horses on the stage at one point.
I must have been at the same performance and I really felt for Richard Griffiths. The must be few things more awful than having to perform with that sort of ticklish cough knowing that there is no way you can control it. I enjoyed his performance although I acknowledge that it might be even better when he was feeling 100%. I loved the production and all the rest of the cast.

Sebastian

#109 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Mar 19 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post
I must have been at the same performance and I really felt for Richard Griffiths. The must be few things more awful than having to perform with that sort of ticklish cough knowing that there is no way you can control it. I enjoyed his performance although I acknowledge that it might be even better when he was feeling 100%. I loved the production and all the rest of the cast.

Sebastian

I agree with you that it really is an excellent production. I particularly liked Alan's parents and felt that Jonathan Cullen had dad spot on. But the most impressive performance were the horses - I'd swear that they were real horses and not just guys in brown wearing metal headdresses.

#110 tadpole

tadpole

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

I thought I'd just mention that I have had a response from the producers with an offer of seats to a later performance, so will be going back in May and am looking forward to it very much. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users