Never Forget Tour 09 - Manchester

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic

#171 Guest_oggy_*

Guest_oggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 25 2009, 12:22 AM) View Post
To varying degrees; Yes.  "Script has been re-wrote (rewritten?) lots" FALSE.

Really now... who cares?

#172 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(oggy @ Mar 25 2009, 04:28 PM) View Post
Really now... who cares?

Probably all the people who have written on the last 18 pages of this topic...

#173 lizziett

lizziett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:http://craigeels.com<br />http://www.myspace.com/neverforgetmusical

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Just seen Philip Olivier on Paul O'Grady - he doesn't seem to have much confidence in himself...

#174 Guest_Heywood_64_*

Guest_Heywood_64_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(lizziett @ Mar 27 2009, 05:37 PM) View Post
Just seen Philip Olivier on Paul O'Grady - he doesn't seem to have much confidence in himself...

He's not on his own there with the look of things, but maybe he'll prove himself and all other doubters wrong?  Must admit though, if HE'S doubting his abilities at this stage, it doesn't bode well for a knock-out performance on opening night!!  Maybe he's adopting a bit of reverse psychology because he knows everyone expects him to be crap, then we'll all be blown away by how brilliant he is? *tries to stay positive, but is not convinced!* unsure.gif

#175 lizziett

lizziett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(Heywood_64 @ Mar 27 2009, 06:54 PM) View Post
He's not on his own there with the look of things, but maybe he'll prove himself and all other doubters wrong? Must admit though, if HE'S doubting his abilities at this stage, it doesn't bode well for a knock-out performance on opening night!! Maybe he's adopting a bit of reverse psychology because he knows everyone expects him to be crap, then we'll all be blown away by how brilliant he is? *tries to stay positive, but is not convinced!* unsure.gif

Well I've booked for opening night so I've got my fingers crossed but after that interview, the press team need to have words with him laugh.gif

#176 Guest_Heywood_64_*

Guest_Heywood_64_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(lizziett @ Mar 27 2009, 09:29 PM) View Post
Well I've booked for opening night so I've got my fingers crossed but after that interview, the press team need to have words with him laugh.gif

Oh dear, was he that bad?  Tut tut!  Doesn't sound like he was well briefed by the PR team does it? laugh.gif  I'm sure you'll enjoy first night regardless...it's not the 'Philip Olivier' show after all! Look forward to hearing all about it smile.gif

P.S. Don't suppose you (or anybody else who might be reading) knows the name of the wine they used at The Savoy to make those 'Take That and Party' cocktails do you?  Been trying to recreate it for months, but can't get it quite right. Should have paid more attention at the time!

#177 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

He is just being honest, I think!
But then Philip Olivier is playing the smallest part of all the boys in the band and he did say the rest of the cast were excellent!
So let's look forward to them... once again let's stop always chatting about the celebrities.

#178 lizziett

lizziett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(Heywood_64 @ Mar 27 2009, 10:40 PM) View Post
Oh dear, was he that bad? Tut tut! Doesn't sound like he was well briefed by the PR team does it? laugh.gif I'm sure you'll enjoy first night regardless...it's not the 'Philip Olivier' show after all! Look forward to hearing all about it smile.gif

P.S. Don't suppose you (or anybody else who might be reading) knows the name of the wine they used at The Savoy to make those 'Take That and Party' cocktails do you? Been trying to recreate it for months, but can't get it quite right. Should have paid more attention at the time!

laugh.gif I love how you think I might know... unfortunately I don't, but those cocktails are lethal!

Oh, here is a Q&A with Mark Willshire that the MySpace carried out this week smile.gif

When did you find out you'd got the part of Ash, and how did it feel?
I found out I got the part of Ash in late November. It was a couple of hours after my final audition and it felt like a massive weight lifted off my shoulders as I had done 8 auditions!

Did you have any idea about Never Forget before auditioning?
Yes, I knew about the show before I auditioned as I am good friends with Craige Els and knew a few others too. Craige actually helped me a few times with the script whilst I was auditioning!!

Are you enjoying rehearsals so far, and how are the cast getting along?
Rehearsals have been great! We're changing lots of material and numbers to suit our cast which is nice. Everyone is getting along really well and we're all sticking together through a tightly packed rehearsal schedule!

Is there anything you find challenging in the show?
There's not anything I find challenging per se. Some things have taken a little longer to get to grips with but it's all coming along realy well.

What is your favourite part of the show?
It's hard to say which part of the show is my favourite right now as it could all change once we get an audience. I love singing 'A Million Love Songs' with Aimie Atkinson (Chloe) but I'm generally relishing the prospect of doing all parts of the job - the singing, the dancing, and the acting.

Are you nervous to be opening a week today in Manchester?
I think I'd be telling a huge lie if I said I won't be nervous come opening night; especially because I have 30 people watching that night too!! I think I'll be buzzing with excitement also - I'm really looking forward to getting out there now.

#179 rach22uk

rach22uk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 27 2009, 11:32 PM) View Post
He is just being honest, I think!
But then Philip Olivier is playing the smallest part of all the boys in the band and he did say the rest of the cast were excellent!
So let's look forward to them... once again let's stop always chatting about the celebrities.

People are only talking about him because he was on Paul O'Grady tonight rolleyes.gif Plus, they are selling the show based on he and Shaun Williamson at the moment, so it's all a lot of people know!

He didn't sound too confident no, but I'm hoping that he is just playing it down so that people are pleasantly surprised on the night!

I'll be there with Lizzie on opening night in Manchester so we'll report back what we think after, I'm anticipating a good night anyway tongue.gif

#180 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE(rach22uk @ Mar 28 2009, 12:59 AM) View Post
I'll be there with Lizzie on opening night in Manchester so we'll report back what we think after, I'm anticipating a good night anyway tongue.gif

Will you be shouting out the punchlines and World Ruddy Domination before the cast get a chance to or sitting quietly like audience are supposed to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users