- - - - -

Never Forget Tour 09 - Manchester

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

He's def doing it for 6 months after which his 1st cover, Keith Gilmore, will take over...

#62 lizziett

lizziett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:http://craigeels.com<br />http://www.myspace.com/neverforgetmusical

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 21 2009, 01:01 PM) View Post
He's def doing it for 6 months after which his 1st cover, Keith Gilmore, will take over...

Isn't Keith doing 7 Brides?

#63 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(your Poppa @ Feb 20 2009, 11:51 AM) View Post
If you're going from the 1,150-seat Savoy to the 950-seat Lyric it makes sense that you'll need to lower salaries or re-imagine the show with a smaller cast... especially when it was a well paid show to start with!

What??????????????????????????????

#64 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 21 2009, 12:58 AM) View Post
Oh jesus christ almighty - i sincerely hope that is someone's rubbish attempt at humour and not in anyways the actual truth!  sad.gif

Here's an idea.  How about you buy a ticket, go see the show and THEN give constructive criticism (or maybe even a positive review?) of the performance, instead of slating and pre-judging somebody who may (or may not) have been cast.  Ray Quinn, Philip Olivier...or whoever it may be....give them a chance to prove you right before you go and write them off...it's only fair don't you think?

#65 Guest_Heywood_64_*

Guest_Heywood_64_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(your Poppa @ Feb 20 2009, 11:51 AM) View Post
If you're going from the 1,150-seat Savoy to the 950-seat Lyric it makes sense that you'll need to lower salaries or re-imagine the show with a smaller cast... especially when it was a well paid show to start with!

So people should just be expected to accept a pay-cut for doing exactly the same job because the 'management' are worried about the 'bottom-line'?  Do you really believe that??  I understand that it's a business and making money is what it's all about (for the producers), but in any other industry that would be the basis for a constructive dismissal claim!  It's a wonder anybody chooses the acting profession if that's how they get treated.  God bless those who stick it out!

#66 rach22uk

rach22uk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 22 2009, 01:05 AM) View Post
Here's an idea. How about you buy a ticket, go see the show and THEN give constructive criticism (or maybe even a positive review?) of the performance, instead of slating and pre-judging somebody who may (or may not) have been cast. Ray Quinn, Philip Olivier...or whoever it may be....give them a chance to prove you right before you go and write them off...it's only fair don't you think?

Maybe people's opinions are based on what they've seen of them so far? I think thats fair enough, in my eyes Phillip Olivier's acting abilities leave a lot to be desired...still I have faith the producers know what they're doing until proved otherwise!

Anyway, this forum is full of people criticising things they know nothing about/have never seen - if we asked that everyone gave constructive criticism on here, it'd be dead laugh.gif

#67 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Who's playing Adrian?

#68 Thenidiel

Thenidiel

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

I think the best thing to do is just to wait and see how the people cast actually perform on stage. There have been many times when i had an opinion of an actor before actually seeing them and was prooved pleasantly wrong when seeing them perform. We have no idea how people will actually do until we see them on the stage so i think we'll just have to wait and see smile.gif

#69 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

Final casting info:

Ash: Mark Willshire
Jake: Adam C. Booth
Jose: Scott Garnham
Harry: Philip Oliver
Adrian: Tom Bradley
Chloe: Aimee Atkinson
Annie: Kay Murphy
Ron: Teddy Kempner
Babs: T.B.C

#70 rach22uk

rach22uk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 25 2009, 07:05 PM) View Post
Final casting info:

Ash: Mark Willshire
Jake: Adam C. Booth
Jose: Scott Garnham
Harry: Philip Oliver
Adrian: Tom Bradley
Chloe: Aimee Atkinson
Annie: Kay Murphy
Ron: Teddy Kempner
Babs: T.B.C

Interesting....I take it you mean Phillip Olivier?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users