60 replies to this topic

#1 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Anyone heard anymore about what other 8 cities will be on its UK tour?  At a guess id say

Cardiff
Dublin
Southampton
Birmingham
Edinburgh
Liverpool
Sunderland

would be included but not heard anything more concrete

#2 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

The production would be scaled down if it is coming to the Mayflower.

Although they have extended the building to allow more space, I have been on a tour around the theatre and there are stoorage rooms underneath the stage. I think there is even a water tank underneath because the theatre is below water level. The Pride Rock will have to be brought on from the wings
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#3 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

I doubt it'll do Southampton as that's reasonably close to London for travel. Possible it'll do Birmingham though seeing as that's a central hub for trains.

#4 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Pride Rock does not come out from below on the US tour it comes on from the wings anyway so I would assume the UK tour would be the same.

Hmm I see your point about Southamptons closeness but its doing 8 further venues and they will need to be large, and Southampton is among the biggest.

#5 groupbooker

groupbooker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

The Bristol info release said it would do 10 theatres in two and a half year tour. No theatres given other than Manchester but would expect it to be all ATG theatres in the UK? Also presume at least a 3 month stay at each??

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

It wouldn't fit into all ATG theatres

#7 KieranJ

KieranJ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 29 February 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

<br />I doubt it'll do Southampton as that's reasonably close to London for travel. Possible it'll do Birmingham though seeing as that's a central hub for trains.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not only is Birmingham a 'central hub for trains', it's the second city so of course the tour will visit.
It's doing a 14 week run at Birmingham's Hippodrome over summer 2013.

#8 Little Bear

Little Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Their was a deal for all ATG to be viewed as part of the original technical reki process, all were views and as far as I know, Glasgow Kings and Theatre royal are not getting it, York, Birmingham Alex, Wimbledon, Oxford, Grimsby, and Brighton were straight away a no-no. Sunderland is getting it for Christmas 2013 into Feb. I can also say in Feb 2013 their is another large west end show coming in which involved witches and what not but thats for a later discussion :) but those above are the ones I've been told are not getting it. My source comes from my job in ATG

#9 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm guessing that's the Wicked tour that has been rumoured  for a while.

#10 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

I have tickets booked for December in Manchester, which I am really looking forward to.
But does anyone know of any chances that this would have a stop in Dublin (I know Belfast is too small, as it's normally only the tours with really small or adjustable sets that visit Belfast)
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users