60 replies to this topic

#21 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'm from Belfast and it really ticks me off when we don't get the good tours over here I would've loved to have seen this my brother and his fiancee saw it in London last week and said it was brilliant I am seeing Shrek next month and don't have time to fit Lion King into my schedule might have to make the trip to Dublin. :)
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour

[DUBLIN]
Chitty, chitty, Bang bang Tour
Hairspray Tour
Lion King Tour

To be seen

[DUBLIN]
Wicked Tour

[LONDON]
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Matilda

#22 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostMrTRobz, on 09 March 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

I'm from Belfast and it really ticks me off when we don't get the good tours over here I would've loved to have seen this my brother and his fiancee saw it in London last week and said it was brilliant I am seeing Shrek next month and don't have time to fit Lion King into my schedule might have to make the trip to Dublin. :)

Ditto to that! I hate how Belfast normally gets overlooked for the big tours...saw Sister Act in Dublin and it could have easily fitted onto the Opera House stage.
Although I do realise that the Opera House in Belfast doesn't really have the biggest stage compared to most...and The Lion King will definately be too big for Belfast as well.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#23 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postwickedlover, on 10 March 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

<br />Ditto to that! I hate how Belfast normally gets overlooked for the big tours...saw Sister Act in Dublin and it could have easily fitted onto the Opera House stage.<br />Although I do realise that the Opera House in Belfast doesn't really have the biggest stage compared to most...and The Lion King will definately be too big for Belfast as well.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Bump

Anyone heard about anymore dates?

#24 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Any news on cast?
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#25 littlebear

littlebear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Casting has now been announced

The company is made up of 46 members including Cleveland Cathnott, who is currently part of the London company of The Lion King and will be playing the role of Mufasa. Stephen Carlile will take on the role of Scar while Nicholas Nkuna makes his UK debut as Simba. Carol Stenett will continue her role as Nala from the West End production and Gugwana Dlamini will return to her previous role of Rafiki.

Other actors to join the cast consist of John Hasler (Timon), Mark Roper (Pumbaa), Gbemisola Ikumelo(Shenzi), Daniel Norford (Banzai) and Philip Oakland (Ed).

#26 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

As it opens next week they must be announcing more dates soon? I assume te cast know where and when they are going on tour?

#27 Little Bear

Little Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

All 10 venues have been confirmed tho dates are not being released because of ticket extensions per demand which is why they are only releasing two venues at a time.

The venues it is going to are Bristol, Manchester, Dublin, Edinburgh, Sunderland, Cardiff, Southampton, Plymouth, Leeds and Birmingham tho not in that order although I no its fininshing in Cardiff.

#28 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostLittle Bear, on 25 August 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

All 10 venues have been confirmed tho dates are not being released because of ticket extensions per demand which is why they are only releasing two venues at a time.

The venues it is going to are Bristol, Manchester, Dublin, Edinburgh, Sunderland, Cardiff, Southampton, Plymouth, Leeds and Birmingham tho not in that order although I no its fininshing in Cardiff.

Please don't say it's landing in Cardiff next December.

#29 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

I imagine the next block of tickets and venues will be announced at the end of the Bristol leg or the start of the Manchester leg.

#30 Little Bear

Little Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostABowlerHat, on 26 August 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

Please don't say it's landing in Cardiff next December.

Nope, its only doing 4-5 moves a year, Cardiff is 2014, Edinburgh is December next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users