• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#1 James13

James13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

Casting call has been sent out today for all roles.

Also the dates for the production are as follows:

Rehearsals: 7th January 2013
Tech: 4th February 2013
1st Preview: Saturday 23rd February 2013
Press Night: Wednesday 13th March 2013

#2 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Seems to coincide with the rumours going around. But where did you get this information?

#3 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Rumors were floating about on Twitter today that it'll preview in February next year but nothing has been confirmed yet. Fingers crossed it's true, Mormon could be one step closer to London!
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#4 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

It'll flop here!

#5 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

I see no reason for it to flop. I know people who've seen it who aren't American and don't know ANYTHING about Mormonism - And they still understood it all... And that's without the possibility of the producers revamping the shows for British audiences.

#6 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

It doesn't really matter whether people know anything about Mormonism or not, there's still a negative perception of them here that I think will stop some people going to see it.

And others will see it as being offensive to religion.

UK culture is in some ways different to the US, so I don't think it'll automatically be a success here just because it is on Broadway.  Spring Awakening didn't work here, and I have a feeling that Book of Mormon could go the same way...

#7 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Not since Wicked has a musical done so well in New York. I don't think it will have any problems.

#8 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

If a show insulting God [and therefore people who believe in God] can survive and thrive in America, it's not going to suffer because of the religious part of the story in the increasingly atheist/open-minded Britain.

#9 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

People didn't like Hair as of the crudeness of it, its very american! I didn't get the full jokes of it, and songs about salt lake city & utah etc. I doubt people will get the full ins and outs, I want it to work so bad as I LOVED the show, I just feel it's too optimistic for English audiences, I'd love to be proven wrong, but if Spring Awakening & Hair couldn't cope I can honestly say I don't think BOM will. Especially lines "**** god in the **** mouth and ****" I can see people leaving mid song (of a certain demographic!)I beg to be proven wrong, but doubt I will.

#10 Lover

Lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Anyone remember the protests for Jerry Springer the musical!. . . . . . . i think this could be a lot worse. Im sure a certain demographic of people would soon be outside saying its sinful and stuff. Sure even some law could be found to ban it. !Welcome to Britain after all. Were all open minded people here. . . . NOT!

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users