1056 replies to this topic

#21 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

My Brother is in New York today and on my recommend tried to book for TBOM. It is sold out but could have got a ticket through the hotel for $600 and then he tried the box office and could have obtained a premium seat for $477. He said no! Now I know how they acheived a 120% box office last week with this dynamic pricing! It really is a HOT ticket.

Instead he is seeing the second preview of Evita for much more reasonable $137

#22 danf90

danf90

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

...he ISN'T seeing the 2nd preview of Evita. It just got cancelled. Water flooded the stage.He should queue to stand to see Mormon - that's what I did. $27 for a perfect view and the smugness of knowing the people 6 inches in front of you paid $100s =)

#23 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yes his evening turned into quite an adventure! He did not find out until he turned up at the theatre to see notices on the door and a HUGE cue for refunds. As he only had one free night in NY he dashed round to Death of a Salesman (sold out preview - opens on Thursday) and got lucky and bought a return off a girl who's boyfriend was ill for $100 face value for 4th row centre mezzanine. He said the play was stunning and was thrilled to have seen it.

#24 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Can we try to keep on topic? I.e. about casting and particularly not about the hypothetical success rate of the transfer of the show.

#25 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2530 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

This Topic "Casting Has Started" is obviously intended to be about the very first actions in the casting process, i.e. appointing a casting director and, at a pinch, arranging the first auditions. So all other aspects of casting are way off-topic and shouldn't be permitted to be mentioned. Anyone wanting to discuss them should start a new Topic.

How long is Death of a Salesman?

#26 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

A friend of mine has said he's seen the casting calls and registered interest - but it doesn't seem like they've done anything more than just post some fashion of "hello, we'll be properly casting soon" announcement up.

#27 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

They were casting on Tuesday at the Drill Hall.  LOTS of people being seen.

#28 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 16 March 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

<br />This Topic &quot;Casting Has Started&quot; is obviously intended to be about the very first actions in the casting process, i.e. appointing a casting director and, at a pinch, arranging the first auditions. So all other aspects of casting are way off-topic and shouldn't be permitted to be mentioned. Anyone wanting to discuss them should start a new Topic.<br /><br />How long is Death of a Salesman?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

At least talking about 'casting' in general is more on topic than 'Death of a Salesman'...

#29 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 20 March 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br /><br />At least talking about 'casting' in general is more on topic than 'Death of a Salesman'...<br />
<br /><br /><br />
I thought the other poster was being sarcastic...

Why do we need to have a topic solely for BoM casting - what's the problem with this just being a general BoM topic (with the thread renamed if necessary) seeing as all other shows just have one thread...

#30 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

View Postposter J, on 20 March 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />I thought the other poster was being sarcastic...<br /><br />Why do we need to have a topic solely for BoM casting - what's the problem with this just being a general BoM topic (with the thread renamed if necessary) seeing as all other shows just have one thread...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Whoopsie. I may have had a massive sense of humour failure...my bad.

I think there was a general BoM thread at one point, but it once again got bombarded with the hit/flop argument and then people lost interest.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users