1056 replies to this topic

#211 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Exactly, twitter and the web actually hasnt done west end performers many favours as some of them really show themselves up.  if you are too precious to not be able to handle some negative comments maybe dont read online or chose another career.

#212 jp89

jp89

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

All part of the business...you have to be able to take criticism! People do write nasty things sometimes, but you should never, ever respond to it. Some people will like performances and others won't. All down to taste. Much thicker skin needed!

#213 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Ticket arrived today- I suppose they're sending them out now.

#214 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Got mine too
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#215 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostBAGibb, on 07 October 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

It's a role for a character actor more than a role for highly trained, experience MT actors...

View PostBAGibb, on 09 October 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

In other news:

Hell yeah!

Yeah, sure I can fit it in between The Pirates of Penzance in December and Parade in August.

Although I'm sure Justin Lee Collins will be free too, once he's finished his community service order.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#216 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

My preview tickets arrived yesterday! :D
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#217 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

There's a really good chubby guy called Gareth Edward Mason, Amazing dancer and a great singer and actor - done a lot of TV and commercials - who looks perfect for the role.

He was James Cordens body double in "Two Guvnors" at the National.

#218 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostMinsky, on 10 October 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

There's a really good chubby guy called Gareth Edward Mason, Amazing dancer and a great singer and actor - done a lot of TV and commercials - who looks perfect for the role.

He was James Cordens body double in "Two Guvnors" at the National.

Just give Buttery an afro instead of a quiff and he'd be great :P
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#219 next2normal

next2normal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostTitan, on 09 October 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Exactly, twitter and the web actually hasnt done west end performers many favours as some of them really show themselves up.  if you are too precious to not be able to handle some negative comments maybe dont read online or chose another career.

Totally agree, I remember the twitter wars between 2 'ladies' in Legally Blonde before it closed.

#220 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Cunningham and Price still not cast apparently. Was speaking to a friend who is in the ensemble yesterday...
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users