#251 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Note...there doesn't seem to be a standby for Elder Price. Hmm

I also wonder if they're taking the same understudy system where the actors share the role as opposed to having a first and second cover system?

#252 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

I didn't care for this show at all until now. Gavin's a brilliant performer! I can't wait.

#253 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Wow, I didn't expect that! But I totally love Gavin, so it might be worth to come over to London to see him.
But I'm so confused by their current casting system. They just keep shifting the actors back and forth between the productions

#254 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

They are having trouble casting both sides of the atlantic, hence the shifting around.

Not a massive Gavin fan but it certainly isnt a bad option. LOVE Alexia so pleased for her

#255 EyesLikeFires

EyesLikeFires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Casting Alexia Khadime is pure genius!!!! :)

#256 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Postcat123, on 09 November 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

I didn't care for this show at all until now. Gavin's a brilliant performer! I can't wait.

How's that bandwagon treating you there?

Massive YAY for Alexia. And what good going for Daniel Buckley! Be great to see him at EC. Very glad I got our first/second preview (whatever it is, the Tuesday!) tickets when they were released, if the 'previews: sold out' claims are to be believed.

Lotto be a busy one for this perhaps... ! Good luck those who are late to the party, you might have a bit of a wait... might be another Matilda by all accounts, hoping so :)

#257 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I saw Gavin and Jared in Mormon in October when I was in LA so I know what a treat you are all in for - they were both brilliant.I can totally see why they went for American actors and once you have seen the show I think you might agree. The lottery there was crazy every day.I thought I was being clever trying a tuesday and also a sunday matinee - there were over 200 people there each time ( each allowed 2 seats ) chasing 26 seats ! I prefer day seating so at least you know you have got a seat - the lottery is cruel !

#258 Becky La Rou

Becky La Rou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Wine and theatre and show tunes and..oh yes..wine!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I saw that Daniel Buckley (Cover Cunningham) in Loserville. The show wasn't great but he was good. I wonder why they are having two Americans from the US tour in the roles rather than an entirely new original London cast. hm.
One Singular Sensation....! :wub:

#259 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Terel has said he's 1st cover Mafala and 2nd cover General.

#260 Southstreet

Southstreet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't get people, I really don't. This happens all the time!!!

Bertie Carvel is going over to Broadway to open Matilda, didn't hear anyone here complaining that they put a Brit over into an otherwise completely American OBC. I was in New York a couple of months back and the lead in Cyrano was played by Doug Hodge and the other male lead was also played by a Brit, the female lead was played by a French woman. This just happens all the time and I think the exchange is pretty even.

I think getting Price and Cunningham right is crucial for the show and considering they are having trouble finding people in America, which doesn't have better talent, but a much larger pool to choose from, it doesn't surprise me that they struggled to find the right people here.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users