#261 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostTitan, on 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

They are having trouble casting both sides of the atlantic, hence the shifting around.

I know but in my opinon, they are making some odd choices. For example are both experienced Prices (Nic Rouleau and s/b Stephen Mark Lucas) transfering to the Chicago production to leave the Broadway flagship with two new, unexperienced leads. Maybe it's for personal reasons and they still have their understudies on Broadway, but I find it curious.

Anyways, back to the London production...

#262 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm not entirely surprised with their use of an American actor for Price. Like it was said in Baz's column, they want that 'All American' look which frankly doesn't exist in a lot of British people, not all, but most. And Creel will get it right I suppose.

As for Cunningham, we were all struggling on this thread to come up with 'large' comic musical actors who could do the role well, and Jared is the OBC standby. I don't think the producers decision comes as a result of lack of talent, just a case of who would really be the best to open the show?

Anyways...does anyone know who is covering who in the show [besides Terel]? A great part of the entire show are the ensemble and covers! :P

#263 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1404 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Wicked used to recycle its cast as well when opening for different productions as well so it's not a new thing. It'd be interesting to see Cunningham portrayed differently from Josh and Jared,

#264 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Daniel Buckley, currently in Loserville, will be the standby Cunningham, and I believe Michael Kent will be a McKinley understudy.

#265 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I believe Lucy St Louis is covering Nabulungi

#266 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Isn't Lucy St. Louis a swing and ass. dance capt and so covers the ensemble parts?

#267 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Just noticed on Book of Mormon US tour cast page....Mark Evans has replaced Gavin as Elder Price....

Attached Files

#268 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well that is bizarre.

#269 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I agree, very bizarre. Still, I'm not complaining - I'd rather have Gavin Creel as Price anyway, I think Mark Evans is very over-rated.
Blood Brothers, Chicago, End of the Rainbow, Ghost, Hair, Hairspray (UK Tour), Legally Blonde X2, Les MisÚrables X3, The Lion King, Matilda, The Phantom of the Opera, Spamalot (UK Tour), Sister Act, Sweeney Todd (Chichester), We Will Rock You, Wicked X3

#270 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well that's... novel.

Perhaps they want to make sure London has as good a start as possible, by putting in previous cast's members, as they don't know if we will "get" it over here. Then, they simultaneously prepare Mark Evans to take over in London by touring him where the directors can keep an eye on him. I'd imagine Gavin Creel and Jared Gertner will only be here for 6 months, so Mark might trade shows with Gavin.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users