1056 replies to this topic

#271 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Aye, i think you may be right. I remember Ann Harada only opening with Avenue Q here for 6 months before going. But still, there doesn't appear to be a Standby for Elder Price on the cast page like there are on the US tour, Chicago and Bway. Why not just put Mark there where he can keep monitoring the show while also occasionally stepping in to test the waters?

Now interesting to note that the page has been reverted back to its original state with Jared and Gavin in the roles they are currently doing. Suppose whoever maintains the site was doing some tests to see everything worked?

#272 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thank god we aren't getting Mark Evans, at least not yet.  Its clearly a try out for him to take over in London.  Glad ill be seeing it early on

#273 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 09 November 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Aye, i think you may be right. I remember Ann Harada only opening with Avenue Q here for 6 months before going. But still, there doesn't appear to be a Standby for Elder Price on the cast page like there are on the US tour, Chicago and Bway. Why not just put Mark there where he can keep monitoring the show while also occasionally stepping in to test the waters?

Now interesting to note that the page has been reverted back to its original state with Jared and Gavin in the roles they are currently doing. Suppose whoever maintains the site was doing some tests to see everything worked?

I think it will be so the producers can monitor him, and make sure he becomes perfect in the roll. Having him as an understudy cover means they'd have to trust the resident director or whoever over here, and the show really is their baby and they want to protect it.

#274 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

In other news, Ashley Day will be first cover for Price.

#275 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

When I last checked the US Tour cast on the Broadway website, it listed Mark Evans as Elder Price and Chris O'Neill as Elder Cunningham but I've just had a look again and it's gone back to listing Gavin Creel and Jared Gertner as Price and Cunningham respectively....maybe they let that one out too early?

EDIT: Sorry, just seen that this was mentioned earlier! Pretend this never happened.... :P
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#276 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

I'm really pleased with the cast!
Having no idea what kind of response the show will get over here it seems logical to place in safe hands regarding the performers.
Looking forward to finally seeing Gavin Creel live! :D
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#277 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 09 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Isn't Lucy St. Louis a swing and ass. dance capt and so covers the ensemble parts?

Talitha Farrow is a swing on the 1st National Tour and is also a cover for Nabulungi

#278 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Postholler, on 09 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

How's that bandwagon treating you there?

Rude.

I loved Hair, I loved Gavin in Hair, and want to see him in this. Why does it matter to you?! I'm not going to apologise for not being swept up in the hype for this show. I often see productions for the casting, is that not a valid enough reason for you?

#279 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I really like Gavin, loved him in Hair also. It is a shame they don't think they could find British actors. But maybe they didn't really want to and knew they'd be bringing over some American cast. To comply with Visa rules they would have to had make it look they they had looked. It seems to fit in that Mark Evans has left for the US for 7 months. I think he will take over once Gavin has been here 6 months.

I'm still really excited to see the show! & if it doesn't work with Brit audiences it will be full of the American tourists who can't get seats on Broadway!

#280 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

The casting is just perfect, I couldn't imagine Mark Evans in the role either, it's not his style! Can't wait to see this show :) x

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users