#281 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostJamie Kenny, on 09 November 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Talitha Farrow is a swing on the 1st National Tour and is also a cover for Nabulungi

Of course! Silly me. Even Nick Spangler is u/s for Price on Broadway! My bad :P

#282 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Mark, I but don't understand how anyone can say he doesn't look right for the part?

He looks like a Mormon, he can pull of cheesey by just his smile. Regardless if you think Mark is a brilliant actor or if you think he's wooden, slightly awkward and always smiling - those characters are perfect.

I think Mark was cast however they've thought "Will the show really work in the UK, do we want to risk it with someone who's never played the role" How about we bring over to Americans and try Mark out in the USA, the americans will love this guy and hay if not we're the book of fucking mormon nothing will effect our ticket sales.  

I really hope this show does well, not too well but well.

#283 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

completely agree. no fan of mark but one thing he has got going for him is the look

#284 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

So an audio recording came out a few days ago of Gavin Creels 'I Believe' - Having not seen Gavin before, I'm very excited. Looks like he's singing it in a lower key though interestingly.

#285 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 15 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

So an audio recording came out a few days ago of Gavin Creels 'I Believe' - Having not seen Gavin before, I'm very excited. Looks like he's singing it in a lower key though interestingly.

Where can I download it?

#286 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

It's on YouTube.

#287 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Quite different from Andrew, but he's got such a great voice and approach to it. Really looking forward to seeing him :)
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#288 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

So, here's a question. Is the London cast now fully cast? Because it appears to be lacking in female ensemble members. The Broadway/Tour/Chicago casts all have 5 female ensemble members including Nabalungi whereas the London production only consists of 3 female ensemble members inc. Nabalungi. Anyone know what the deal is there?

#289 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 20 November 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

So, here's a question. Is the London cast now fully cast? Because it appears to be lacking in female ensemble members. The Broadway/Tour/Chicago casts all have 5 female ensemble members including Nabalungi whereas the London production only consists of 3 female ensemble members inc. Nabalungi. Anyone know what the deal is there?

I thought so too. Perhaps they're still trying to find some actresses?

#290 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Love Terel Nugent! Saw him in Hairspray and he was brilliant!

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users