1056 replies to this topic

#291 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

So Mark Evans has left for the US for seven months...on a project he can't say until the end of December....what could it possibly be? (Evil Laugh)

#292 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Also, regarding female casting - Sharon Wattis and Yemie Sonuga have now been cast into the female ensemble which I think now makes up the numbers.

#293 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Mark has finally confirmed what we already knew in that he's playing Elder Price on the US Tour, starting tonight.  He's said he's playing the role for the next 6 months which takes him up to around June next year.

#294 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Best try and catch the show before June 2013 then

#295 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Would expect that both US leads are contracted for the same, and the stand by Cunningham will move up when they leave (a la Broadway).

#296 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ooh I hope so - standby Cunningham is Dan Buckley ( currently in Loserville ) and he has the potential to be a VERY good Cunningham and a really nice guy to chat to at stage door too !

#297 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Dan is a friend of mine, and so happy for him. He deserves everything he has worked hard to achieve!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#298 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 28 December 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Would expect that both US leads are contracted for the same, and the stand by Cunningham will move up when they leave (a la Broadway).

That mean then we get Ashley Day as Elder Price ??? if so BRILLIANT, not liking the idea of mark in this role so hope we are not stuck with him!

#299 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I think he means that they will leave, Dan will move up, and Mark will move over here and take over the role.
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#300 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostMS1995, on 29 December 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

I think he means that they will leave, Dan will move up, and Mark will move over here and take over the role.

That is indeed what I meant. Though I expect nothing is set in stone at his point (bar Creel and Gertner leaving) so that if someone proves not to be up to the high standards of the show (not saying anyone is mind) they won't necessarily be the leads in London come June.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users