1061 replies to this topic

#31 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Anyone heard anything new about this? Or is the same "early 2013 at the Prince of Wales" rumour all we've got?

#32 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

I think we're still awaiting news.  For those who didn't know - we are now getting "Let It Be" at the Prince of Wales until 19/01/2013. Just something to add to the equation.

#33 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

The Book of Mormon's Broadway Facebook page has just announced this:

"Watch out for big UK news announcement regarding The Book of Mormon - West End. Check out Baz Bamigboye in tomorrow's Daily Mail".

There is now a West End Facebook page https://www.facebook...ofmormonwestend and a Twitter account (@bookofmormonldn)

It's finally happening!!!
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#34 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Interesting that they are basically saying "hey, we're not announcing this ourselves.. read a newspaper!". However, at least we'll finally be able to get some answers to the when/where questions :-)

#35 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Prince of Wales, Feb 2013.

#36 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

To be fair, by giving Baz the exclusive they get coverage on a large national newspaper and the most visited newspaper website in the world. Free advertising. I'm sure an official press release will soon follow

#37 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

It's often the case the press release will come later that day.

#38 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Bazs column is up. Previews February 25th, opens March 21st with tickets on sale September 13th. Will be playing the Prince of Wales

#39 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

They've got to have a good pricing structure because if they start charging £200 for premium seats, the show will fail, I suspect it will be £25-65 with £80-90 premium seats.

I wonder when the producers booked the Prince of Wales as Mamma Mia!'s moved to the Novello was in October, I wonder if Delfont Mackintosh thought the show could come earlier then it got slightly delayed.

I think it'll be a hit in London but not on the same scale as Broadway, they've wisely gone for a similar capacity theatre rather than go for a bigger theatre like the Prince Edward or Palace.

#40 fionamarianne

fionamarianne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Limited presale for the previews available on this link: https://tickets.delf...e=IN5&Promo=V26

I'm already booked :D

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users