Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 06 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

For anyone interested in hearing Mark Evans as Elder Price:

http://eponine119.tu...k-evans-book-of

Thank you so much for this! He sounds fantastic!

#312 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

They are still casting!!! They are looking for another Cunningham standby. I bumped into Calvin Dean in Starbucks yesterday and he said that he was asked to go in for another casting for today (Tuesday) but turned it down. They must be having a hard time finding Arnolds!

#313 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I don't think they're having a hard time. I think they just wanna get it as right as possible. They're probably looking for another Cunningham standby as it seems possible that Dan Buckley will move up to the full time job when Jared leaves. They're probably just chasing up the people they had in during the final auditions

I think that now with the introduction of Ben Platt in Chicago they no longer really need to worry about a 'chubby, glasses ' wearing Cunningham. Ben Schrader is a fan favourite and I've heard nothing but good news about Ben Platt as well. Chris O'Neill, though large, as also seemed to have ditched the glasses look.

I think it's possible that Trey and Matt are finally letting go of this one look of the Cunningham character and have relaxed a bit more into focusing purely on the acting talent. But that's just my speculation.

#314 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 06 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

For anyone interested in hearing Mark Evans as Elder Price:

http://eponine119.tu...k-evans-book-of

Also, I love this. Anyone think he sounds like a much deeper (vocally) Price than any of the others?

#315 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

nope. from what I've heard they still want the chubby look. all the guys called in for finals and these last minute standbys are bigger guys. Ben Platt is the only exception and thats because of him being in Pitch Perfect. It's written for a bigger guy as the script says "listen to the fat white guy" etc.

Also, they dont want to use an ensemble member as Cunningham understudy, hence the 2 standbys.

This is just what i've heard

#316 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Oh wow I didn't realise you meant 2 current standbys!...

Now that is interesting. Though personally I'd be fine with a thin Cunningham, Ben Schrader is just the definition of 'Nerd'.

Do you know if they're looking for Price standbys?

#317 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

oh, sorry. I should of stated that. Yes, this is for the current run. 2 standbys. The person who gets the job from todays casting starts on Monday.

Didin't this happen for a while on Broadway? I'm sure Jon Bass and possibly Cale shared standby whilst Jared was on?

Not sure if Dan and the other standby will have equal duties or if Dan is No. 1 standby.

#318 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

There is no Price standby from what I gather. I take it 2 understudies from ensemble.

#319 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postbobbynuts, on 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Didin't this happen for a while on Broadway? I'm sure Jon Bass and possibly Cale shared standby whilst Jared was on?

Not as far as I'm aware. They had Cale and Will Blum share the role over the course of the 8 show week when. Cale was supposed to be the 'full time' performer as far as I know and Will the standby. Jon Bass was listed on both the tour and broadway due to the typical delay in BoMs PR, though he was never a standby on Broadway.

View Postbobbynuts, on 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

There is no Price standby from what I gather. I take it 2 understudies from ensemble.

They really are shaping things up then in this production. 2 Cunningham Standbys and not one Price? Things are weeeeiiird

Also, Calvin Dean turned down a BoM audtion? Da Fudge?!

#320 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

ah. I was getting confused with Blum and Bass! That makes sense.

I didn't speak to Calvin for very long. I just happen to have watched a movie he's in over Christmas so thought I'd say hi. He said he was seen back in March for it originally, but felt that being standby wouldn't be the best move for him at the minute as he's trying to get more tv and film work here and in the states. Fair enough I suppose. He did say its his favourite musical though and would love to do it in the future.

Looking forward to seeing Jared and Dan though.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users