#351 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postthatgirlsophie, on 08 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I think they've said on the facebook page that it's going to be general admission?

I just saw that too, will be carnage on the night but it will make the queue go quicker I suppose.

I'm going to head down in 5 mins. Wish me luck.

#352 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Just realised this, they've given the first hundred or so 'priority boarding' but people here since 10 get that. Balls!

#353 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Another article with Matt and Trey in the metro today. Their hype is very impressive, you'd barely know that another tony best musical was opening at the same time.

How did everyone do? Would have gone down, but arranged to go with the gf in the week after previews, and didn't want to see it before her.

#354 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Arrived at the queue at 11am. Got tickets at 2:45pm. There were still both stalls and circle available but the queue was round the corner back to the National Portrait Gallery at one point. The theatre could really do with updating their payment methods, all credit/ debit card numbers were being inputted manually!  No wonder it was taking so long. But anyway, just glad I got tickets.

#355 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I got there at about 10am and just missed the priority cards (the person 2 in front of me had one grrr!) finally got to the box office at about 1.15 and bookd fine, they just asked if you wanted stalls or circle, but it was a bit annoying to find out it was general admission as that will mean more queueing on the day...
But still a fantastic bargain & wonderful opportunity,  though I'm not sure those at the back of the queue would have felt the same.
A few people at the front of the queue apparently had been there since 10pm last night, but I think most others went along this morning.

#356 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm going to the first preview, my friend queued and got priority tickets! Can't wait!

#357 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostMark_E, on 08 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'm going to the first preview, my friend queued and got priority tickets! Can't wait!

Would your friend happen to be Christine?

My friend got there about 8:45am, there was about 30 people in front of her, I joined her about 10:30 & the queue was down & across the road.  We got our tickets about 12:15, went for a wander & came back 2 hours later & the queue was still down / across the road & round the corner, completely crazy!  I did voice the opinion that I felt sorry for those at the back for having to stand there so long & hoped they got a ticket, I heard later around 50 people were turned away :(

So happy we got there when we did, priority tickets mean we are let in around 15 mins before doors open, kinda wish I had been one of the first 7 people, as they got BoM bags & coffee table books, but I dont think I could have stayed out overnight, it was cold enough as it was.

Oh & the free hot chocolate from Pret was a nice little marketing gimmick from them
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#358 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostTina, on 09 February 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

My friend got there about 8:45am, there was about 30 people in front of her, I joined her about 10:30 & the queue was down & across the road.  We got our tickets about 12.15

Man I'd have been mad if you pushed in front of me :P congrats on getting tickets though! I got there at 8 and got my tickets around 12 so I worked out there must have been a 3-4 hr queue equilibrium as the guys at the back took about that to get to the box office

#359 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Yes Tina :).
See you there first night!

#360 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 09 February 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Man I'd have been mad if you pushed in front of me :P congrats on getting tickets though! I got there at 8 and got my tickets around 12 so I worked out there must have been a 3-4 hr queue equilibrium as the guys at the back took about that to get to the box office

Yes, my friend queued up for me because I couldnt get into London sooner, for a total of 2 tickets, which is the maximum per person allowed...... and hey guess what?  When we left the box office, we had a total of 2 tickets between us....   Magic! :D
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users