#371 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 23 February 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Officially confirmed I guess now, David O'Reilly now on the cast page as a second stand by for Cunningham.

Any idea why they're having a second stand-by? Apologies if it's been covered in here before.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#372 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostJD094, on 23 February 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Any idea why they're having a second stand-by? Apologies if it's been covered in here before.

It doesn't actually state standby no 1 or 2, so it looks like they are sharing it. I don't think there is a ensemble member covering the part (although I'm sure someone who went tonight will verify from the programme). Looks like a similar set up to Broadway, get 2 standbys and test them out for when it comes to cast change. I should think Jareds contract is probably only 6 months, so they need to plan ahead already...especially with the probs they had in finding cunninghams!

#373 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

And with that line of thinking, the lack of any Price stand-bys does make me think even more that Mark Evans will be flown straight back over and in to the role!
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#374 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Dress rehearsal has been getting positive feedback on Facebook...can't wait for a detailed review
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#375 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I'm seeing this on Tuesday and looking forward to it, I saw in New York when Jared was Cunningham and enjoyed it, will be interesting to see it with a new cast and at the Prince of Wales which I haven't been inside since I saw Mamma Mia! a long time ago,

#376 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I was lucky enough to attend the Book of Mormon dress rehearsal last night and Oh Em Gosh, it is the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! Hilarious and outrageous, the show is.... something incredible! If I have to give any critism I'd say that Gavin Creel's voice is not as good as Andrew Rannells' is on the cast recording, but he makes up for it with his fantastic personification of Elder Price.

My new favourite West End show for sure and doesn't deserve any less than a 10/10.

#377 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

View Postbobbynuts, on 23 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't think there is a ensemble member covering the part (although I'm sure someone who went tonight will verify from the programme).
The programmes sadly hadn't been delivered yet. They did have a lot of merch up in a shop but none of it was for sale yet. From what I remember there are mugs (one with the logo, one saying "turn it off"), keychains, stuffed frogs (if they're for sale and not just decoration), various different pins, an umbrella, oyster card holder, book and the cast recording.

#378 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Very curious to know which cast members are playing which Elders

All I've gathered so far is that Mark Anderson is playing Elder Pop Tarts.

#379 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

But Gavin Creels voice is fabulous..?! Maybe he's ill

#380 Sparklez

Sparklez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

They have 2 Cunningham standbys just like 2 covers for any other part however because Cunningham needs to stand out and look so different from the other Elders his covers cannot be a part of the cast hence y they are offstage and called standbys. Price, McKinley, General, Mafala etc all have 2 covers as well x

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users