1061 replies to this topic

#431 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Don't they already have one in the shop? A big gold Book of Mormon book? Loved the timeline of the shows creation, particularly the nod towards Avenue Q's Broadway opening - thought that was a nice touch.

POW has now become one of my favourite Londobln theatres, doesn't look like there are many bad seats in the house unless you're rift at the back of the stalls, and even then you're only missing out on the revolving Angel at the top of each act.

#432 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostMothers Younger Brother, on 26 February 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

What did anyone else who saw the show think of Alexia? On Saturday night I heard a few people say her Nabulungi didn't really work for them

As I mentioned earlier in  the thread, I was surprised by how much I loved Alexia (as I was indifferent about her in Les Mis compared to other performers), she was a really sweet Nabulungi.

#433 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostBAGibb, on 27 February 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

POW has now become one of my favourite London theatres, doesn't look like there are many bad seats in the house unless you're rift at the back of the stalls, and even then you're only missing out on the revolving Angel at the top of each act.

I missed that as we were in Row O of the stalls. I didn't consider the possibility of the dress circle hanging so low down. Will have to go again (as if I wasn't going to anyway!)

#434 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Is that the hardback book? I was thinking a brochure with production photos and more info about the show. Am thinking of getting one of the Hasa Diga Eebowai t-shirts too! :)

#435 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

I think row 3 and 4 of the stalls dip a bit before the rake sets in properly so might not be good value.

Alexia's voice sounded so much cleaner than when she was in wicked, and wow did she look young, thought she was terrific and great chemistry with Jared.

#436 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postdrmaplewood, on 27 February 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I missed that as we were in Row O of the stalls. I didn't consider the possibility of the dress circle hanging so low down. Will have to go again (as if I wasn't going to anyway!)

We too were in Row O and missed the revolving angel, but other than that the view was surprisingly good that far back. I guess I need to g0 and see it again and sit closer to the stage this time around (not that I really needed an excuse to go back, we already decided to try and see the show again asap ;) )

#437 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostZippy, on 27 February 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Is that the hardback book? I was thinking a brochure with production photos and more info about the show. Am thinking of getting one of the Hasa Diga Eebowai t-shirts too! :)

Yes, it was the hardback one that's also on Amazon.

#438 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

The Prince of Wales is a lovely venue and there's no bad seats in comparison to other theatres.

#439 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

The Mormons are Here - a Culture Show Special tonight at 10.00pm on BBC2. A programme about the making of the show and the London production.

#440 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I saw this last night and I have to say it has just surpassed Phantom, Les Mis, Wicked & Matilda to become my favourite show! I had the cheapest seats in the theatre and the view was GREAT! Row J of the circle seat 9, definitely would but those seats again!

I loved the whole show, and the little hitches made it all the more hilarious, such as the flying prongs, or the late smoke shoot in Man Up, which Jared looked thoroughly terrified by!!!

Gavin was wonderful as Elder Price, possibly even prefer him to Andrew Rannells from the soundtrack! Jared was also very good, pretty similar to Josh Gad I think, but he was the standby for him, so he probably picked up alot of little bits here and there!

The two stars for me though were Stephen and Alexia! Wasn't sure about Alexia going into it as didn't really like her voice as Elphaba, but she sounded so much better last night, and she acted it so sweet, lovely little performance. Stephen was wonderful as I think has already been covered by pretty much everyone else, he played the part as such a loveable character, and you truly felt sorry for him and his 'curse' :P

I definitely want to go back soon, but it is a lot of money for me to get up to london which may be wasted if I don't win the lottery! But I will definitely try it out at some point, and I will definitely be back when the new cast comes in!

And as for the #LoveMormon I doubt it is a film or anything major as it is only being used by the london account that is using it! So could be the announcement of the next cast? (although it seems quite early for that).

Finally, agree with everyone else about the Prince Of Wales Theatre, Gorgeous, with lovely, helpful staff!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users