1056 replies to this topic

#471 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

The Lottery is just the same as Day Seats in the way that you can get either one or two tickets, one person day seating can purchase two tickets so why should the lottery only operate in singles? I often go to the theatre on my own and have never felt there should be more provisions or that there should be more entitlement for single theatre goers. I am sorry Fringefan but i don't see the point your making here, titan is correct in saying that more people go to theatre in couples or groups rather than on their own and especially a show like this, not many are going to go on their own, think of this more like wicked, with groups of fans going together.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#472 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

The lottery is definitely worth it. I tried the Broadway one for this show as a last minute thing when i was in nyc and was second name called out - you never know. It doesn't take much of your time and is done with quickly.

#473 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

I have been off-line for so long that I still haven't read what everybody else has said in this thread. So, I may be just repeating what's been said many times before, but I thought it was just BRILLIANT!!

I had very little idea what to expect, but needn't to worry. Right fromt he beginning this musical totally sucked me in, and kept its tight grip on me through to the very end. How sorry I was when the curtain had to come down.

Great great cast, script, score, lyrics, choregoraphy, band, (probably intentionally) cheapish sets and directing. It was so funny that my cheeks were drenched in tears, but at the same time, it made me think about world issues and the Americans in general. And how I loved all the movements. And the acting!

Also, the the entire theatre had such exciting buzz. Great responses from the lovely audience which the cast and the band so deserved.

#474 theatrically

theatrically

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

I dislike the lottery system.It is great if you live in/work in London but i live 35 miles outside.It costs £20 to get into London.At least with day seating you know you if you have a seat and living that far out I get there pretty early and have yet to not get a day seat for any show I have queued for.

#475 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yes I live outside London too and have day seated and always got tickets BUT I hate queueing. BOM do not do day seats so the only way to see this show cheaply is to take part in the lottery. My view is that if you go on a matinee day you have two lottery chances for the afternoon and evening shows and if you are unsuccessfull there is always TKTS round the corner and lots of cheap fringe shows to see instead - so never a wasted trip to London.

#476 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

I think if BOM would do day seats people would start queuing at stupid o'clock (possibly overnight) which is most of the time also undoable for those living outside of London. I think the lottery is fairest and doable if you're already in the city for something else (even people who do live in London most of the time can't do it every day, I can for example not get there by 5.30pm on a work day).

#477 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Saw the show yesterday and it is in really great shape.  The whole cast are fantastic - Gavin and Jared are perfect in the leading roles, and Alexia and Stephen are just as fantastic in their roles too.  I liked that they included some local/topical references in the show, namely 'Notting Hill' as one of the names of Nabalungi, and one of the lyrics in Sal Tlay Ka Siti has been changed to horse meat, which got a big laugh from the audience.

#478 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I love the lottery system, did it last Wednesday, massive crowd and a theatrical event in itself, really camp and great fun. There were so many people doing it, but hopefully that will die down a bit after some of the hype dies down a bit. Needless to say unsuccessful in it, but I saw it the night before and had a back up plan of going to TKTS just a 2 minute walk away, which I did.
Will be doing it whenever I'm in London.
If they did day seats for BOM you'd have people queuing all night, at least lottery is a very fair and random system and is over and done with in around 10 minutes.

#479 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Where abouts are the lottery seats then?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#480 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Front row of the stalls.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users