• Please log in to reply
1056 replies to this topic

#481 Dontknowalot

Dontknowalot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Best show in the West End by far. Does it qualify for this years Oliviers Awards?

#482 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

"Any new production that opened between 17 February 2012 and 5 March 2013 in a theatre represented in membership of Society of London Theatre is eligible for consideration for the Olivier Awards 2013 with MasterCard, provided it has at least 30 performances."

BOM is still in previews on March 5 so I am not sure if that counts as "opening" within the eligibility period?

#483 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

No, it doesn't qualify. Olivers 2014 Best New Musical already looks a load better than this year.

Guesstimate nominations for Best New Musical 2013

Loserville
The Bodyguard
Viva Forever
Top Hat

Guesstimate nominations for Best New Musical 2014

Book of Mormon
Once
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(Maybe) From Here To Eternity Musical

#484 BGLowe

BGLowe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Caught this yesterday, matinee showing. I don't want to repeat everything everyone else has said, but it's brilliant. Definitely best thing I've seen in a long time. I have no faults, even in previews!

BTW, was anyone else there yesterday afternoon? We were sat in lodge 1 so could see all around quite clearly and about halfway through the second act a guy somebody got up and chucked (what looked to be paper) something down into the stalls, and then stormed out with his bag. Not sure how he lasted all that time if he was offended. Most strange, did anyone else see it?
London:
A Chorus Line x1| Avenue Q x1| Bad Girls x1| Blood Brothers x1| Cabaret x2| Carousel x4| Chicago x2| From Here to Eternity x1 | Ghost x1| Legally Blonde x1| Les Miserables x3| Little Shop of Horrors x1| Lost Boy x1 | Love Never Dies x2| Marguerite x1| Matilda x1| Once x2| One Man, Two Guvnors x1| Peter Pan x1| Rock of Ages x2| Sister Act x1| Spamalot x1| Stephen Ward x1| Sweeney Todd x1| Sweet Charity x1| The Book Of Mormon x1| The King And I x1| The Lion King x1| The Light Princess x1| The Phantom of the Opera x1| The Sound of Music x1| The West End Men x1 The Wizard of Oz x1| Urinetown x1| We Will Rock You x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2| Wicked x5|

Booked for: Carousel

National Tours:
Aspects of Love x1| Avenue Q x2| Birdsong x1| Blood Brothers x4| Chess x1| Evita x1| Fame x1| Footloose x1| Grease x1| Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat x1| Legally Blonde x1| Oklahoma x1| Rocky Horror Show x1| Starlight Express x1| Tell Me on a Sunday x1| The History Boys x1| West Side Story x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2|

#485 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Didn't see anything from where I was, but I was near the front of the stalls.  One thing that distract me was there was a flashing light of some sort for most of the first act, which was particularly noticeable in Sal Tlay Ka Siti.

#486 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I was in the evening performance in DC & I saw a woman in DC row A run out with her hand over her mouth. About 2 mins later the two people with her followed her and then the two of them returned. I think she was sick outside (poor lady).  Also when I returned from the interval a lady next to me was talking to her partner about a light 'smoking' and it had to be switched off.

#487 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Oh, my favourite row!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#488 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 03 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Didn't see anything from where I was, but I was near the front of the stalls.  One thing that distract me was there was a flashing light of some sort for most of the first act, which was particularly noticeable in Sal Tlay Ka Siti.

Hmmm a flashing light is usually a sign of someone filming. The FOH staff at the PoW seem very observant though so strange if they didn't notice this.

#489 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 03 March 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Guesstimate nominations for Best New Musical 2013

Loserville
The Bodyguard
Viva Forever
Top Hat

I would hope A Chorus Line over Viva Forever, but you're probably right...

Shame BOM doesn't qualify yet this year but it's sure to smash the Oliviers in 2014.

#490 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

a chorus line is a revival

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users