1056 replies to this topic

#491 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Ah yes, that's true. I'm just trying to think of something that may make the nominations list so Viva Forever won't...

#492 djdan14

djdan14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I was in the circle, and i saw this, didnt see them throw anything though, although everyone sort of looked at each other as in 'why is he leaving'! :)

View PostBGLowe, on 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

BTW, was anyone else there yesterday afternoon? We were sat in lodge 1 so could see all around quite clearly and about halfway through the second act a guy somebody got up and chucked (what looked to be paper) something down into the stalls, and then stormed out with his bag. Not sure how he lasted all that time if he was offended. Most strange, did anyone else see it?

#493 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Saw it Saturday night. Absolutely fantastic show, most enjoyable night I've ever had in a theatre!

Gavin and Jared were wonderful! You can see why the producers wanted to bring them over to open the show, they are perfect for the roles and have great chemistry. Loved Alexia's voice, she looked so much more at home on the stage than when I saw her in Les Mis. Stephen was brilliant too, I loved 'Turn It Off' and his facial expressions throughout the entire show were hilarious! Special mention to the ensemble too, every single person brought so much joy to the production. The energy levels were through the roof.

Really hope it gets good reviews. This show deserves to run and run.
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#494 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

http://www.tumblr.co...gged/mark evans

Thought I'd post the link to Mark Evans' Tumblr which now has his version of I Believe....definitely a very different Elder Price to the norm. I quite like the power in those lower notes.

#495 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Yes very different. The British overtones are clear, but sounds better than anything I have heard Mark Evan's do. Will see him in London at some point when he comes over.

#496 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Note for anyone seeing the show today: Benjamin Brook will be going on for Dan Mackinlay (Elders Mackinlay/White) in his West End Debut!

Also Terel Nugent will be going on today, not sure whether it's for Mafala or the General but in the program he's listed first for Mafala so could well be him.

#497 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

http://lovemormon.com is live.

Not quite as exciting as I expected it to be, unless more is to be revealed?

It also doesn't recognise my Twitter user name, even though I posted several tweets with the hashtag when I saw the dress rehearsal.

#498 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Yes, that is a bit of a disappointing surprise.

They seem to have overlooked my tweets too...

#499 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostBAGibb, on 04 March 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

http://www.tumblr.co...gged/mark evans

Thought I'd post the link to Mark Evans' Tumblr which now has his version of I Believe....definitely a very different Elder Price to the norm. I quite like the power in those lower notes.
I'm not sure if you're aware of this but that is not Mark Evans' tumblr, i.e. a personal blog... Those are posts by all kinds of people that have simply all been tagged with 'Mark Evans'.

#500 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostCactus, on 04 March 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but that is not Mark Evans' tumblr, i.e. a personal blog... Those are posts by all kinds of people that have simply all been tagged with 'Mark Evans'

Yep, I'm aware of that, but none the less the actor Mark Evans comes under that tag as well :)

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users