1056 replies to this topic

#521 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Apologies if this question has been asked already but does anyone know why the cast page on the website is listing two stand-by Elder Cunninghams?
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#522 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Because there are two standbys for this production. Unlike the American productions, there is no 'walking understudy' for Cunningham in London. Why exactly I don't think we really know but can guess that one of the two standbys will take over when Jared leaves in the next few months. However I suspect that they will then just bring in another standby for the part. Having two understudies for each part is sensible and naturally the show can't have a 'large' ensemble mormon boy so I imagine that's the main reasoning behind it.

As for a lack of Elder Price standby...it's kind of not true - Luke Newton is an understudy for Price as well as a swing so in a way he already is a standby. And with the extra swings, Matt Krzan, Evan James and Benjamin Brooks they probably have it all fairly evened out.

#523 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

On sale through to August 24th now.

#524 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

View Postitsuckstobeme, on 04 March 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Saw this tonight and was blown away by it, absolutely loved it. Gavin Creel and Jared Gertner are so well cast but I just loved Stephen Ashfield as Elder McKinley. This is going to do very well, if the standing ovation at the end is anything to go by.
And what a beautiful theatre it's in, I've never been there before. Special mention to all FOH staff who were so friendly and polite.
I just wish the programme had a bit more about the show itself rather than flogging other DMT shows, and also a song list would have been good. Good selection of mechandise available for those in to that too. Fantastic night out, would recommend.

I thought FOH staff were superb, very happy & helpful.  Stephen Ashfield stole the show for me, he was hilarious as Elder Mckinley.  If anyone is interested I blogged about Sat eve show here at my blog http://afewcasualtho...book-of-mormon/ (I couldn't see anywhere on WOS forum about whether people are allowed to post blogs or not so if I breaking any forum etiquette then please Admin feel free to remove)

#525 robbie1984

robbie1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Has anyone here tried to enter the lottery yet? If yes, how many people were there? I am thinking about going tonight.

#526 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

I did lottery last Wednesday, I would say close on 200 doing it but it seems to have quietened down a bit if recent pictures are anything to go by. 21 tickets issued.

#527 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm hoping that was just the first wave of excitement. I'll never stand a chance of getting tickets otherwise (I never win anything anyway).

#528 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

It was only the second lottery so really really busy, queue of around 100 at 5.00 waiting for it to open, then around 100 more between 5.00 and 5.30, also due to its location quite a few tourists were entering, I think it should die down a bit, pick up again after opening night, then die down a bit again.

#529 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was there on Friday with a friend and Saturday for myself and both times there were 75-125 there to enter. Unfortunately don't think it'll get much quieter than that as it's a busy area and even if people don't know about the lottery beforehand the crowd and loud annoucnements will lure them closer.

#530 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

You're probably right. It's right in the middle of tourist-area so hard to avoid the loudspeaker. The weather may play a part too, especially with tourists less inclined to wait out in the rain.
I guess all we can do is keep trying and hope we're lucky at some stage! ^_^

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users