1056 replies to this topic

#531 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm on the very back row, right of centre, and the view is excellent.

#532 ptwest

ptwest

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Managed to get a ticket for Saturdays performance today  - the DF website is periodically releasing tickets so worth checking out.

#533 ptwest

ptwest

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Of course I mean the DM website!

#534 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Just booked a stalls ticket for the mat on Saturday. Very excited! :-)

#535 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

I tried the lottery today for the matinee - and won (first time of trying)

I'm not the biggest fan of musicals (see my earlier post on this thread about not being interested in this show at all!) but I did enjoy this.

It was a great show with brilliant performances and technically sound, and it was great to see it from the front row.... but some of it was in very poor taste in my opinion. The South Park lovers (of which I am not one) will love it.

I get the message and the morality in it, but really, they took the 'joke' too far on occasions. And believe it or not, I'm no prude.

I'm glad I've seen it (and very glad to have seen Gavin Creel, Jared Gertner and Stephen Ashfield) if only so I can have an opinion on it, but I'm glad I only paid 20.

#536 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Were you lucky? Were there many doing it?

#537 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

Zippy - I've modified the above post as I posted too soon (am posting from phone) - but yes, I did get a ticket.

As a solo theatregoer, I arranged to buddy up with another solo theatregoer - and bizarrely we both won (when the second name came out, we said to re-draw as we had the tickets we wanted)

I'd say there were 70-80 people there at a guess.

#538 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Ah great. Sounds like the crowds doing it have died down a bit since last week.

#539 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Saw this yesterday and actually enjoyed it more than when I saw it in New York.

BUT...

One thing that was incredibly annoying was that because of the layout of the theatre, it can take quite a while getting everyone through one main entrance and then across to the various auditorium entrances. At 7.35, people were still queuing to get into the auditorium, but rather than wait a few minutes, they started the show. Throughout the first few minutes, people were still being shown to their seats and everyone was up and down. And then the same happened after the interval.

They really need to let people in through another entrance, or start trying to move people on from the bar sooner as it was very distracting and a real shame.

Otherwise, an excellent show!

#540 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Just to add my two cents...

Saw this last night and along with everyone in that theatre... I abso-frickin-loved-it!!! It was a laugh from start to finish! Excellent performances throughout even for 2 week previews! They looked like they were having a ball up there! Some shocks and some 'omigod did they just say that??' moments but it was fantastic to see something original and not based on a film! I enjoyed the entire score and its still buzzing around my head! I must see this again! Lotto it is! Thank goodness I live 30 mins from central :) 5 stars for me!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users