1061 replies to this topic

#551 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

David Cameron was in the audience tonight - did you see him anywhere?  He apparently loved it

#552 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Saw the show for the second time around, this time from the middle of front row instead of back of the stalls so was able to see all the hilariously exaggerated "Mormon faces"/facial expressions much better. Loved the show again, possibly even more so than last time. Despite its outrageous moments/subject matter you can't help but laugh all the way through and leave with a big fat smile plastered on your face. Gavin Creel and Jared Gertner are unsurprisingly brilliant, but Stephen Ashfield really steals every and all scenes he's in.

#553 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

View Postgreeny11, on 15 March 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

David Cameron was in the audience tonight - did you see him anywhere?  He apparently loved it

Yes, he was there. I was there tonight and also loved it - brilliantly funny. However it's not what I expected and I know this will be unpopular, but I do feel that this is ever so slightly overhyped.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#554 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

View PostKevinUK, on 16 March 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Yes, he was there. I was there tonight and also loved it - brilliantly funny. However it's not what I expected and I know this will be unpopular, but I do feel that this is ever so slightly overhyped.

What did you expect?

#555 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View Postgreeny11, on 15 March 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

I did indeed, a few rows in front of me and looked like he was loving it, like everyone else he had the biggest grin on his face when he was leaving.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#556 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostKevinUK, on 16 March 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

I sort of agree. Saw it on Broadway when I won lottery tickets and came out feeling that I had seen a good show but not an amazing one. I preferred once which i also saw on that trip. However, I have listened to the BOM recording way more since and am looking forward to seeing that in London way more than Once. Weird!

#557 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

OMG!! The show is amazing! I saw it on Broadway with the original cast, but I prefer the London cast.

A BOM London Cast Recording with Gavin Creel would be great..

#558 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Gavin Creel himself has said it's impossible to deliver the 'musical of the century'.
I can't remember a show being quite so hyped up, I personally feel that the show is genius.

#559 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

I went to the matinee today and after booking tickets when they were released last June I can say it was definitely worth the wait!
Everything about the show was fantastic, I was 3 rows back in the stalls and it was lovely to see all the facial expressions up close.
There was a unanimous standing ovation at curtain call and the whole cast were exceptional, but I must echo other posters thoughts - Stephen Ashfield was a highlight for me!
I'm already saving up for a repeat visit :D
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#560 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Concerning the lottery:
I was wondering if there is an age restriction on the lottery, do you have to be over 18?
Me and my sister may have the chance to enter in a couple of weeks and would both put our names in to double our chances, however she is only 15 so I'm not sure if she'd be allowed...
any info would really helpful!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users