#591 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostFireFingers, on 20 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Not sure about who might be there, but they are running the lottery for it, happening earlier than normal (arrive by 5). I reckon many, many big names will be there tomorrow. But the biggest name is going next Tuesday, as that is when I am finally seeing it! xD

They say you can enter your name from 5pm and the draw is at 5.30, so it's the same time as any other day. This actually means the draw is happening later than normally (1.5 hours before the show instead of 2 hours) as it starts at 7pm today.

#592 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Despite the incerdible cast, especially Alexia Khadime, I found this a huge disappointment. I wanted to love it but the book sounds like it was written by a group of 15 year old boys who had just smoked their first joint and wanted to shock their parents. I wasn't shocked, I was bored at the peurile repetitiveness of the same few "jokes". Maybe I am simply too old. Further moaning on the blog http://www.frontrowd...e-of-wales.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#593 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostFront Row Dress, on 21 March 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Despite the incerdible cast, especially Alexia Khadime, I found this a huge disappointment. I wanted to love it but the book sounds like it was written by a group of 15 year old boys who had just smoked their first joint and wanted to shock their parents. I wasn't shocked, I was bored at the peurile repetitiveness of the same few "jokes". Maybe I am simply too old. Further moaning on the blog http://www.frontrowd...e-of-wales.html

Yes, I think you're too old..

#594 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm 42 and thought it was brilliant, tbh your review is the first bad one I have read, it won't be for everyone though.

#595 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

I was there last night and I am 'old'(ish). I haven't laughed so much in ages - for me it lived up to all the hype I have heard and more. The  principal and ensemble cast were truly amazing and, as I have said previously, I can’t wait to go back again.
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#596 chess

chess

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I saw this show saterday and it's the best show I have seen. It's brilliant!

#597 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Did the opening date for the show ever change?  I could have sworn I'd booked a preview (and the ticket price reflects that) but I'm not going until next week.  Bit confused!

#598 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

I don't know, it is odd that preview prices don't go up until the end of the month.

#599 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

yeah same, i swear i was seeing a late preview, my ticket is slightly cheaper than top price usually is

#600 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Don't think so, as I think this was the date I tried booking for but they had no tickets available due to it being opening night!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users