1056 replies to this topic

#611 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Alexia's house rotates and runs across the stage. There are also two platforms that come on from stage left and right to meet in the middle to form the central platform for the pageant. All the drapes are probably automated too.
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#612 chess

chess

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Postfreckles, on 22 March 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I was wondering what the automation was too? Can only think of the platforms perhaps or maybe there was something in Spooky Mormon Hell? But it seemed a very basic set.

I think there's too much obsession from reviewers with "what is the show actually saying?".

It's fun, it's lighthearted, it's naughty, has bits of satire & spoof, but it's a musical for goodness' sake & I think some people just need to lighten up.

i agree completely. This is  just a fun night out and it delivers, it's not shakespeare, nor does it want to be. I had the best of times in the prince of wales.

#613 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

Top price now 72.50 and premium 120

#614 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

It shows £74.50 and £127 for me on DM site, less on ticketmaster(until postage added in). Its absolutely crazy.

#615 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ah ok even more then. It will be interesting to see if this pays off or they shoot themselves im the foot.

#616 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Will be interesting to see if other shows follow. I'm glad I saw it at preview rate.

Imagine lotto will just get bigger and bigger.

#617 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Theyd be made to. High prices are the death of new shows that arnt a guaranteed sell

#618 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

So that means, with a face value on top price of £72.50 and premiums at £125, with the industry standard 25% booking fee through other agents, it's now £90.60 and £156.25 for those prices. Mental. Officially. And it won't be long before other shows follow suit either, which will be even more insane.

#619 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

It's worked for them on Broadway! They had short booking periods so if that sold then could release a new short block of tickets at an increased price to see how they sell and so on! If people are willing and continue to pay they will continue to put them up! And as demand for this show is so high at the moment, time will tell if this pays off financially or just stops people buying tickets! Personally I think it could run a year alone on just sales from Americans who are desperate to see the show! But we'll see :)

Personally I loved the show and was happy paying just under 60 for a top price pre-view ticket! And the returns que was Massive at the preview I went too!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#620 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

It's a crazy amount if money .. But they've been very shrewd and created great demand so will sell every one of those over priced tickets...

Interesting the critics haven't been swayed by all the hype and have posted  sane reviews and not hysterical raves like it got in NY..

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users