1056 replies to this topic

#681 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

I suspect Mark will come in - I can't see any other reason for them to cast him in the US tour production other than to get him ready to take over in London.  I know you don't like him at all Titan, but I personally think he sounds great as Elder Price.

#682 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Gavin tweeted 'Hallelujah.' So I guess that means he is back on tonight?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#683 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

No youre right i dont like mark evans, but mainly because i dont rate his acting. But as im highly unlikely to see it again (personally once is enough, even though i did enjoy it) it wouldnt affect me if he did take over. I just thought ashleys performance was that strong he deserves lead full time.

#684 blahblah

blahblah

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostPrinceton, on 29 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

When Sonia Freidman explained why that were bringing over Gavin Creel and Jared Gartner, and not using UK actors she said "it became clear early on during the audition process on London that we needed the real thing".  Am therefore assuming that this week she's either eating her words or standing in the foyer offering refunds!

Obviously not - as having seen both Gavin and Ashley Day - there's not much to call between them although they play the part differently - certainly wouldn't consider one the real thing and one not.

Why do producers feel the need to say such ridiculous things in order to justify decisions?  I'm sure that she always wanted a long run and therefore a recast - presumably with local actors. Given that the prices are going up and up this means she expects people to pay more for not seeing the real thing!!  

An apology to British actors including the majority of the current cast might be in order.  How about it Sonia?

I saw Ashley Day on Wednesday and he was fantastic. In my eyes he most certainly deserves to take over the role when Gavin Creel leaves.

#685 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostMS1995, on 29 March 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Gavin tweeted 'Hallelujah.' So I guess that means he is back on tonight?
apparently not .... I saw one blogger who was supposed to be going on wednesday had their ticket moved to tonight because Gavin was off and tweeted that the ticket has again been moved - now until next wednesday - because Gavin is off.
I find this very unfair and also disrespectful to the other cast members

#686 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ashley has tweeted someone to say that Gavin is back tonight

#687 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postlesterf, on 29 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

apparently not .... I saw one blogger who was supposed to be going on wednesday had their ticket moved to tonight because Gavin was off and tweeted that the ticket has again been moved - now until next wednesday - because Gavin is off.
I find this very unfair and also disrespectful to the other cast members

Considering how sold out it is im surprised if that is true

#688 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

There will always be a small number of production seats available to fulfill such instances however I agree with lesterf.  Are they there to review a show or an individual?
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#689 I Like West End

I Like West End

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Just out of interest, who is alexia khadime's first understudy?

Looking forward to seeing Daniel Buckley!

#690 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Lucy St Louis is first understudy for Nabalungi

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users