1061 replies to this topic

#691 bobbynuts

bobbynuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

View Postlesterf, on 29 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

apparently not .... I saw one blogger who was supposed to be going on wednesday had their ticket moved to tonight because Gavin was off and tweeted that the ticket has again been moved - now until next wednesday - because Gavin is off.
I find this very unfair and also disrespectful to the other cast members

why is this unfair and disrespectful to the other cast members?

#692 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Postbobbynuts, on 30 March 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

why is this unfair and disrespectful to the other cast members?
it is implying the show is not worth reviewing unless Gavin is on ! It is a big cast and having seen it with Ashley Day on as Price I can say the show is just as great.

#693 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

If the theatre will refund it then why not?

If I was going to see a show to see a specific performer (not very often that I do), then I'd certainly ask.

#694 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostMark_E, on 30 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

If the theatre will refund it then why not?

If I was going to see a show to see a specific performer (not very often that I do), then I'd certainly ask.
we all wish we could do that ! You never get a refund or the ability to transfer your ticket if a specific performer is not on at the performance you are attending.Imagine you are an understudy and you get told " oh we have cancelled the press attending tonight as XYZ is not on" !

#695 I Like West End

I Like West End

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Have we had any five star reviews yet?!

#696 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

The only 5 star I saw was from The Huffington Post

#697 I Like West End

I Like West End

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I wonder how they will continue with the marketing?

Will they quote the reviews (like most shows) or will they continue with the social media campaign?

At first I thought the social media thing was strange but yesterday on the tube I saw a few people (at different times) actually stop to read the poster, despite there being many posters to look at so it is obviously a very good idea!!

#698 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostI Like West End, on 30 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I wonder how they will continue with the marketing?

Will they quote the reviews (like most shows) or will they continue with the social media campaign?

At first I thought the social media thing was strange but yesterday on the tube I saw a few people (at different times) actually stop to read the poster, despite there being many posters to look at so it is obviously a very good idea!!

The Book of Mormon posters did stand out more to me because of all the social media quotes, and I did notice a few people stop to read them.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#699 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Delfont are pretty good at changing tickets (for a small fee) which i am impressed by. They let me change my drowsy tickets when it was announced the original man in the chair was only doing first three months. I dont think its disrespectful, its your hard earned money and if you wamt to see a performer and they actually let you change then why not

My local theatre also allows changes. Although thats normally in advance and not on the day

#700 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

302 people turned up for the lottery yesterday, and it's apparently busier today

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users