Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3751 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

View Postitsuckstobeme, on 30 March 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

The only 5 star I saw was from The Huffington Post

Tim Walker in the Sunday Telegraph gave it 5*- his only gripe was that the show didn't poke fun at Islam.

#702 KieranJ

KieranJ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 30 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

302 people turned up for the lottery yesterday, and it's apparently busier today

Do you think it'll be busy on Monday since its Bank Holiday?

#703 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 30 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

302 people turned up for the lottery yesterday, and it's apparently busier today

Someone actually counted the entrants? Impressive! I was there for tonight's lottery and would say it was about double the amount of people I've seen try before (but normally I try during the week and it's 75-100 people, would say tonight was maybe about 200).

Love the lottery dudes by the way, their enthusiasm always makes me smile, even though all 4 times I've tried the lottery I've been unlucky.

#704 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostKieranJ, on 30 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Do you think it'll be busy on Monday since its Bank Holiday?

Yes! I expect it will be crazy busy. With ticket prices ranging from around £70 to £125 now, unfortunately it is out of most regular theatre-goers' budgets so their only chance of them seeing the show more than once at an affordable price is by doing the lottery.

#705 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Or even the chance to see the show at all !!! It's fine to pay £150 for a pair of tickets if it is a special occasion once a year such as a birthday but for regular theatre goers like me it is out of the question. So I intend to do the lottery whenever I am in London when I can and have a fall back plan. But with prices that high, the marketing hype, and the profile of the theatre I think the lottery will remain very busy.

#706 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

It is a shame that premium/top price seats are out of reach for most theatre goers.  I should say that at this theatre the reduced price seats at the back of the theatre (stalls) are well worth considering, I haven't ever sat in dress or higher so can't speak about the cheaper options in those seats..  The theatre has a great rake and the back stalls offer a very affordable option for those that want to see it but don't have the funds for a full price ticket.
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#707 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I went last week - got the cheapest seats at the back of the circle - i must admit i was a little worried - but the prince of wales is such a good theatre.  i had no complaints about my view.  even at the back its such an intimate theatre and there isnt a restricted view in the house.  i actually think those seats are the best value.  you can pay the same price for other musicals and sit in the heavens with a strained neck.  

as for the show....wow. boy does it live up to the hype.  i've just booked again for august in the same seats.

#708 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just curious, what do you guys reckon are the chances of us getting a London cast recording? The Broadway one is very recent and I am not sure if it has happened in the last few years that a new Broadway production also got a London cast recording?

#709 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Highly unlikely id say

#710 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members