canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 04 April 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Do they now have picture programmes ??

They still only have the small sized programmes from what I'm aware which now have colour production photos from the West End cast (instead of black and white rehearsal photos which it was before).

#722 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Whilst waiting at Heathrow today for my flight back home, two South Park references in BoM came into my mind - the farting before dying and Mickey Mouse as villain (Price screams 'Mickey' before 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream').

Are there any more included I might have missed?
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#723 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Re the lottery - second attempt yesterday (Thurs eve). Not successful and despite a bitterly cold day in London - it was actually snowing at one point - there were at least 100 people there for 21 tickets - so potentially only 11 draws. Mmmm....may have to book ahead for this - it is far from "sold out" and book a seat for around £40ish as suggested by another poster. The odds of winning the chance to buy a ticket are slim. The theatre is in a good location for passing trade and the summer with better weather is coming up and good word of mouth will keep the lottery busy I feel.

#724 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

I saw an advert today for BoM quoting the Daily Mail of all papers, unless I read it wrong, saying 'I loved it etc' No mention of Quentin Letts though, I thought it was odd as the Daily Mail review I read couldn't have been worse.
And does anybody know why the Evening Standard keeps telling its readers that day seats are available from the box office at 10am ??

#725 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Baz in the mail loves it, that quote was used before opening too

People go on about how awful the mail is etc and how right wing it is but when you look at it its actually very confused and is never sure which way to go. Some stories are very right wing, others they can be very pc and liberal. Its all over the place (much like our government really)

#726 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Oh yes I just remebered he got mistaken for General Butt F****** Naked at the afterparty....

#727 acapella

acapella

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hilarious article in the DM about the BoM here. http://www.dailymail...Gods-earth.html Completely missing the point of the whole thing (claiming that it 'makes fun of raping babies and female genital mutilation') and pretty much trying to dismiss it as a flash in the pan successful only due to the PR campaign. I particularly like how it tries to suggest that the Twitter quotes on the posters are made up.

It's also pretty poorly researched - the author also seems to be under the impression, or at least tries to imply, that you have to pay £20 just to enter the lottery. He also says that Parker and Stone backed out of depicting Muhammed in South Park at the last minute, when that was actually purely a network decision.

Ah DM, so predictable, you do amuse me...

#728 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Is anyone doing the Rewards thing on the American site for Book of Mormon? You can save for merchandise as well as free tickets (Broadway). I just joined and did the missions (watch videos, look at reviews, etc) and have now finished all of them and have less than 500 points. I'm wondering if any of you guys also doing this know if these are points that can be gained daily or just thr once? And wat are some other ways to collect points besides the missions?

If you want to check it out for yourself, please click this link (as apparantly I also get points if people join through this personalised link - hope this is allowed). Thanks!

http://www.bookofmor...28-A7E11ACC11BB

#729 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postacapella, on 06 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Hilarious article in the DM about the BoM here. http://www.dailymail...Gods-earth.html Completely missing the point of the whole thing (claiming that it 'makes fun of raping babies and female genital mutilation') and pretty much trying to dismiss it as a flash in the pan successful only due to the PR campaign. I particularly like how it tries to suggest that the Twitter quotes on the posters are made up.

It's also pretty poorly researched - the author also seems to be under the impression, or at least tries to imply, that you have to pay £20 just to enter the lottery. He also says that Parker and Stone backed out of depicting Muhammed in South Park at the last minute, when that was actually purely a network decision.

Ah DM, so predictable, you do amuse me...

I liked this by Victoria Coren in The Guardian - scroll down to the second half of the article "Critic critiqued" in response to Quentin Letts' DM review...

#730 acapella

acapella

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Aw, I now love Victoria Coren even more.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users