1061 replies to this topic

#731 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Re:BoM Rewards. The social media sharing is the easiest way to get points. Takes a minute every day, but you do get there eventually.

Every so often the post a new challenge.

Also, click the doorbell twice a day to collect  a couple of bonus points.

#732 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

@canadian_turtle: I've been collecting points since the beginning of february and managed to get two tickets for 69$ last week... You can get up to 65-75 points a day after you've done all the missions. You get 5 points for sharing (this works about 4 or 5 times in a row) and 10 for clicking the photos. This works twice a day. Logging in gives you 5 points a day. Inviting other people is the most efficient way to collect points.
They have a new mission every week that gives you 20 points. And there was one street team message that was worth 200... But I've seen only one of these so far...

If you live outside the USA don't waste your time on collecting plates for merchandise... They don't ship outside the US and they don't make exceptions, I asked them...

#733 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostJess173, on 06 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

@canadian_turtle: I've been collecting points since the beginning of february and managed to get two tickets for 69$ last week... You can get up to 65-75 points a day after you've done all the missions. You get 5 points for sharing (this works about 4 or 5 times in a row) and 10 for clicking the photos. This works twice a day. Logging in gives you 5 points a day. Inviting other people is the most efficient way to collect points.
They have a new mission every week that gives you 20 points. And there was one street team message that was worth 200... But I've seen only one of these so far...

If you live outside the USA don't waste your time on collecting plates for merchandise... They don't ship outside the US and they don't make exceptions, I asked them...

Thanks so much for this - very helpful! Going to Broadway end of May so have fingers crossed to be able to collect at least 1 free ticket. I did collect about 500 points today for all the missions which is pretty quick but if from now on I can only get about 75 a day it'll be a challenge to reach a reward that's useful outside of the US. I'll try anyway :)

#734 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

You're welcome! :) One additional little trick: You don't really have to post on twitter or facebook every time. My counter goes up every time i click the share button, no matter if I actually post the message or not. So you don't have to flood your timeline or twitter account and still get points... ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you don't collect enough points for the free ticket, go for the 69$ ticket instead. These are the same seats anyway and still cheap compared to the "regular" priced tickets.

I'll be there at the end of May too! I'm so looking forward to this! :)

#735 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for that tip! Normally I share just to myself to not spam my timeline, but this will be even better. Really wish I'd found out about these rewards earlier but I'm going to try my very best either way.

Do you know where the $69 tickets are located? I read on another forum it was possibly back of the stalls (sorry... orchestra) and that $69 are their normal price.

When are you going? Friend and I will be there May 21-27! :)

#736 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

As far as I know all the tickets you can get from the rewards are in the back of the mezzanine. I checked multiple dates with my code and it was always row K in the mezzanine. Those seats are the regular 69$ seats but you can't book them online anymore. The only way to get them is through the reward system.

I read online that the theatre is quite small and the view is good from those seats. And they sell row j for around 150$ so the view can't be too bad... ;)

I'll miss you by one day! Will be in New York May 28-June 4 and will see the show on the 29th. Have lots of fun! :)

#737 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Ha, we'll be returning to London on May 28! I want to ask you what else you're seeing but don't want to go off-topic here so will just say that I hope you have a great time :)

#738 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Re that Daily Mail nonsense, I also love that they have a picture of the original Broadway leads Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad, but thinks it's a London cast shot and name checks Creel and Gertner.

#739 Juniper

Juniper

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'm sure I'm not sharing anything new, but I tend to only feel the urge to post when something has been horrible so I thought it was only fair that I come on when something was so enjoyable as this was.

Whilst I am a big musical fan, I've avoided most material from the show other than seeing 'Hello' so I really didn't know exactly what to expect.  I know there has been a lot of hype but I tend to ignore such things anyway.

But it's just a thoroughly enjoyable show.  At the end of act one, I thought it was possibly going to get a little tired, perhaps treading religious material that wasn't really that new or interesting, but if anything, I thought the second half was stronger than the second.  The songs are really really solid and the lyrics are clever and fitting.  I've rarely seen a show, straight play or musical, that tiptoes along the edge of seriousness and satire so well.  The cast overall is superb, and from what I've now heard of the Broadway soundtrack, perhaps even better than the original cast.  With one exception though and that's Elder Price.  I thought Gavin Creel was a bit dull compared to most of the others.  He's still good, but I didn't think he had that magic quality that a lot of the others did and in scenes with others he was outshone.  In particular Stephen Ashfield as Elder McKinley really stood out for me.  He reminded me of Sheldon Copper in The Big Bang Theory...

I would love to see it again, judging from the ticket scramble I'm not sure if I will.  But it was thoroughly enjoyable time!!

#740 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Are there any souvenir brochures yet?!

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users