• Please log in to reply
1056 replies to this topic

#741 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

I just thought I'd update:
I was the poster enquiring about the lottery a few weeks ago - well I went to the Wednesday matinee draw over easter and I won!
I completely overreacted when they read my name out and probably scared alot of the other people there, but I never win anything so I was shocked!
There was probably around 80-100 people there but the queue was bigger for the evening performance
I've never sat front row for a show before and it was incredible!
BOM is fast becoming one of my favourite musicals
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#742 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Congrats on winning JaszyR91 - I never win anything either and my BOM lottery attempts (3 times) have not changed that - LOL. If I want to get to see this show I will have to stump up the cash methinks and book ahead.  What are the back of the stalls and circle seats like for £50 anyone? I usually prefer to be much further forward.

#743 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I think the sightlines are pretty good from most seats, the only thing you'd miss from the back stalls is the spinning statue of Moroni at the top of the proscenium arch, but that's not vital to the show.
I'm not sure whether they'd be worth £50 though.
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#744 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

That's the price of them though.  :(

#745 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I do have issues with some of the humour. It was unnecessary to repeat the maggots line so many times and I thought they could have cut down on the amount of issues they reference. Yet I was not dissapointed with the songs, the musical moved at a jaunty pace, and the cast was marvelous

Low Full Price

http://shallicompare...mon-review.html
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#746 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postwickedgrin, on 13 April 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Congrats on winning JaszyR91 - I never win anything either and my BOM lottery attempts (3 times) have not changed that - LOL. If I want to get to see this show I will have to stump up the cash methinks and book ahead.  What are the back of the stalls and circle seats like for £50 anyone? I usually prefer to be much further forward.

Theatremonkey has some comments on which of the back seats are better value.

http://www.theatremo...WALESstalls.htm
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#747 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

I booked long in advance, was really looking forward to it, saw it just after it opened, really enjoyed it, and would have booked again immediately if I could have afforded it.

Now, even though I could afford it, I can't be bothered.

I'm not saying it was over-hyped or that it wasn't as good as I expected, but I've just lost interest.

#748 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I know what you mean Steve. I saw this during previews and loved it. Would have gone again straight away if there was a way to get affordable tickets. I tried the lottery (and lost) but for me this just isn't an option I am willing to go for often. Most other shows I love to watch do day seats and if I fail to win the Mormon lottery it's usually too late to get day seats for anything else which means I'm then stuck with TKTS (which is more expensive).

I would love to see this again but with shows like Once, Bodyguard and Singin' in the rain (to name just a few) offering day seats I've got too many other shows I enjoy just as much and for which it is easier to get great and affordable seats.
I could afford paying full price for Mormon now and then but I've already done that once and as much as I like the show I don't tend to pay more than £35 at the very most for return visits.

#749 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I saw this last night and it was stunning, Gavin and Jared are brilliant as are the rest of the cast. The script and songs are funny and relevant and it is just the perfect night at the theatre for some light entertainment!!. I sat Last row of the circle and i honestly can say the view was excellent! An amazing rake means you see the whole stage uninterrupted and no ones head is in front. The seat backs are big and comfortable with plenty of legroom, i would honestly consider these seats in a heartbeat, maybe not worth £50 but definitely £35 plus.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#750 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Has anyone sat in the stalls seats that are reduced by the sound desk ? seats S21 and S28 or  T21 - they are slightly cheaper and say " moderately restricted due to wall of sound desk ?

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users