1056 replies to this topic

#751 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yes, I tried them all when I went - bought T21 in fact, then bought an upgrade when an extra seat became available. Anyway, most of them are excellent, the desk corner isn't really in view. S28 is best, then S21 - only a bit of light perhaps from the computer screens. T21 has no legroom - knees touch the seat in front, while T29 gets light from the computer screens a bit. Good deal, I thought.

#752 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Posttheatremonkey.com, on 25 April 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Yes, I tried them all when I went - bought T21 in fact, then bought an upgrade when an extra seat became available. Anyway, most of them are excellent, the desk corner isn't really in view. S28 is best, then S21 - only a bit of light perhaps from the computer screens. T21 has no legroom - knees touch the seat in front, while T29 gets light from the computer screens a bit. Good deal, I thought.
Thanks I bought S28 - I have your Theatremonkey book at my desk all the time and then go to your site for any updates - it is a godsend !

#753 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

So does anyone know why BoM aren't taking part in this years West End Eurovision?

#754 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Only 10 shows do, so many don't participate (BOM, Singin' in the Rain, Matilda, We Will Rock You, Les Mis, Thriller Live, etc).

#755 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yeah shows almost take it in turns to do it.

But, as it is the "show" that is performing, appearance is only at the agreement of of the producers and I expect some have been told they can't do it, so the cast isn't exhausted the next day.

#756 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Plus it all takes time and planning and considering they opened not that long ago they may not have had time to come up with something and prepare it

#757 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hey, Once is doing it xD

#758 Carlos

Carlos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I knew it would be virtually impossible for the show to live up to the level of expectation generated everywhere. So I wasn't really surprised at my own disappointment . But funnily enough I'm still very glad I saw it. I didn't find it very humorous. I smiled mildly here and there. For all the 'controversy' about political incorrectness, it's a very conservative musical, and, as pointed out by some reviewers, not innovative at all. My mind was ahead of the action on stage by a good twenty minutes, if now a whole hour.  The Book of Mormon is kind, warm, feel-good in the way traditional American shows usually are. And, to some extent, I appreciated that. But, to be honest, I don't think this is likely to become a classic and enter the musical canon. On the other hand, I was mesmerised by the level of talent on stage and all the energy coming out of it. I don't think I ever saw an audience so ecstatic about a show and so quickly jump to its feet to give it the most energetic standing ovation I ever saw. Needless to say I was in the end contaminated by the general frenzy and stood as well. They all deserved it. I just couldn't believe it, having seen a matinée performance, that they'd be able to do everything all over again in the evening.

#759 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

^^ Yeah that pretty much sums up how I felt too

#760 Alistair

Alistair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I know this question comes up a lot, but have the lottery crowds died down any since the show opened? I'm going to be in London this Saturday so will try for both shows...but I know the chances are slim (tried several times on Broadway just after it opened with no luck, so ended up getting standing tickets).

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users