#761 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I tried about two weeks ago for a Saturday mat (didn't win). There must have been at least 100 people there.

#762 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Yes I have been unlucky 3 times. But simply not prepared to pay full price for anything these days. I can see 4/5 shows for the price of a top price ticket for this and would rather do that.

#763 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Been unlucky 8 times so far... Doesn't seem to matter either whether I try a midweek show or Friday/Saturday. Always about 100-150 people other people there.

#764 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Succeeded second time for the lottery myself. It's pure luck, but the odds ( 6-10% chance) is worth the risk, epseically if you make alternative plans.

#765 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Yes there have been 100-150 people there when I have been too. Certainly worth doing for a 10% chance as long as you are in London anyway and have alternative arrangements. TKTS is nearby although I have found lately (when I have lost out on the lottery) you can get a better deal by going to the theatre box office directly and asking if they have any "day seats" left. If the theatre is not busy - at the box office discretion they sell any unsold seats cheap up to an hour before the show. Theatre land is small enough to walk from one to another theatre - I have always got something. On my last unsuccessful lottery outing I walked to the Adelphi and got a "day seat" in the front stalls for £25 and I always smile when I see people next to me who have paid £60 plus or even premium prices! Strangely I always enjoy the show so much more!

#766 TracyK

TracyK

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, crime books and sci fi

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Me and my friend tried 3 times last week but had no luck.  The first time my mom and I went for lotto we got tickets so think it is worth trying.   With TKTS around the corner we found that we still ended up with good seats at shows.  One of the days we went from Mormon to Merrily we Roll along and got great day seats.  Worth trying as the tickets in the front are great value.
There's Always Tomorrow

#767 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Walked past earlier before they did the lottery for the evening show. There looked to be about 70+ people trying for it.

#768 SimonAitken

SimonAitken

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Anyone know of a good site to get tickets for this? Ticketmaster/ATG-Tickets appear to be sold out, planning a trip down to London in the Summer and this show is at the top of my list

#769 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostSimonAitken, on 14 May 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Anyone know of a good site to get tickets for this? Ticketmaster/ATG-Tickets appear to be sold out, planning a trip down to London in the Summer and this show is at the top of my list

Delfont Mackintosh website would be a better site as the run the theatre...that's where I booked mine for next month.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#770 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

No they haven't. It's perfect for passing trade tbh.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users