#771 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostSimonAitken, on 14 May 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Anyone know of a good site to get tickets for this? Ticketmaster/ATG-Tickets appear to be sold out, planning a trip down to London in the Summer and this show is at the top of my list

It might be worth trying comparetickets to see who has seats for your dates - although they may have outrageous booking fees.

#772 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Are Delfont Mackintosh sold out on their website? As it's their venue, they'll have the lion's share of tickets with the smallest booking fees.

#773 SimonAitken

SimonAitken

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Might be booking next week for early September, seems like the best option as a lot of July and Augest shows are sold our or 'limited'

#774 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postjaqs, on 15 May 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

It might be worth trying comparetickets to see who has seats for your dates - although they may have outrageous booking fees.

I paid a £10 booking fee for this because I was determined to see it. Booked at http://www.lsbo.co.uk/ about 2 weeks before.It was worth it.

#775 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Mark Evans has signed another 6 month contact in the US (I imagine on the tour still.) So i guess that makes it more likely he will come back and jump straight into the role in London? Although that would mean he would probably be in the show about 2 years which is quite a long time!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#776 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Although that would mean he would probably be in the show about 2 years which is quite a long time!

Ryan Molloy and Gavin Lee would disagree with you.

#777 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Another fruitless lottery try today. Tried about 5 times now. At least 100 people there. But it's worth a go if you are in London anyway and have alternative plans if you are unsuccessful.

#778 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Sigh... *dreams of seeing this again* ... but for now the soundtrack will have to do.

#779 BAGibb

BAGibb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

So Dan Buckley is (finally) making his Cunningham debut tonight. Anyone into watch? What did you think?

Edit: He will be on again tonight.

#780 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

I want to see this so bad, love the cd and clips I've seen but prices putting me off so much. I was recently in NYC and although I managed to get some good ticket offers the general price of tickets is absolutely outrageous! It is a shame to see the West End going the same way, with Book of Mormon seeming to be leading the price increase. Not long ago top price (not premium) seats were £55 which I never paid for, always happy to sit in cheaper seats or get ticket offers, but now that is the price for 4th price seats! Just like Broadway where I paid £45 for back row, seats which would be priced around £20 in some London theatres.

I think we should applaud those theatres which are making an effort to make the theatre affordable to normal people. Just booked for a Sat matinee at Scottsboro Boys for £10, that is with a discount for 25 and under to be fair but they do have simlar offers for over 60, students.

Price at the minute is certainly keeping me away from BoM, especially when other shows I want to see like Charlie and Chorus Line have £20ish tickets available! One thing I am impressed by though is how BoM has managed to build such a huge fanbase.

To the poster above, lastminute still have tickets for nearly all July and August performances, though you will be paying £55 if you are lucky but more likely £70-120!!!!!

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users